cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate remote key value depending on a field value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is it possible to syndicate remote key values depending on a particular filed value ?

Scenario is : I have three source systems AA,BB,CC... In between these source systems and MDM we have a Tool which merge and forward to MDM using a single remote system... so in MDM we have only one remote system (say REMOTE_SYSTEM)for all these systems.... While importing each system has there own information.. like system AA has a filed Role_Type AA and System BB has a field name Role_Type value BB and Systme CC has a field Role_Type value CC.. by this all three systems has a differnet records and Role_Type is the record identifier..

Now while syndication I want to syndicate if Role_Type value is AA then remote system key should be AA and if Role_Type value is BB then remote system should be BB and the same for CC..

is it possible?

Regards,

Rajeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow step

1. define 3 remote system in MDM console

2. create seprate map of each remote system in MDM syndication

3. assign this map under port option by assiging remote system and respective map

for more details you can find in following path

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/ff/37e4c6857449388ddb6c77f160ac4f/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I go for three remote systems and three ports.. I need to create a constant with value AA for remote sytem AA , BB for remote System BB and CC for remote system CC.. is it what I need to do??

Is there any other way of doing dynamically using field value..

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If your intermediate tool know the three system then at that level you can refine the records.

I want say that instead of refining at MDM level you can do the refining at your intermediate tool level.Your tool will recieve all data and based on the key filed value it will distribute the data to different sytem.

Is this possible through yr toool or not.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its not possible and thats the reason I am looking for any solution with in MDM..

I can create the key mapping record in the Data manager but only one record will be active and that value is AA which is passing for all the three systems irrespective of Role_Type field value (AA,BB,CC).. So I wonder is it possible to send remote system value depedning on Role_Type field value..

Any funcitnality with in MDM to syndicate remote system value depending on field value?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I am not good at remote key concept.

Just try at yr end

1. create three new ports assign the same remote system that you have.

2. create a separate map for each ports and while creating map just assign a name search i.e. for remote system AA create a name search that contain value start with "AA" for unique field and same for other two ports.

In this way,each raedy folder of port conatin separate records and you can pick from there.

@experts :please correct me if i am doing some where wrong.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see only remote sytem value as REMOTE_SYSTEM for all the three types of records as this value is imported in to MDM with main table..

I have a Qualified Flat Look up table (Remote System) in which I have three different types of key mappings (Remote System Types AA,BB,CC)... Which importing main table records all these three different types of records are send in a one go with REMOTE_SYSTEM but Role_Type field will differentiater for the type of records....

One remote system has multiple remote key values..out of which only one is active whcih is appearing in syndicator..

Now I need to syndicate AA,BB,CC not REMOTE_SYSTEM... In data Manager I can see in Qualified look up table edit key mapping table 4 entries AA,BB,CC and REMOTE_sYSTEM but only REMOTE_SYSTEM is enabled.. so I see only REMOTE_SYSTEM for all three types of records in syndicator..

is it possible to syndicate AA,BB,CC for the corrosponding reocrds depending on Role_Type field value.. Yes I can filter out and map but I see only REMOTE_SYSTEM value only .. as it is enabled as the active remote system..

Any inputs

Thanks alot

Rajeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

but I see only REMOTE_SYSTEM value only .. as it is enabled as the active remote system..

but where you maintain this

Role_Type field will differentiater for the type of records

you can create name search on this field na and assgn to each map.

M i getting yr requiremnet right or not.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Remote Value you set as REMOTE_SYSTEM, So this value canl be changed in following way:

As you can filter records with Remote system = AA using free-form search or drill down search.

Say you have 100 records total in data manager,and with Role_Type field value AA say you left with 30 records. After filter records when you send records out of MDM , it will still have REMOTE_SYSTEM Key. So either you need to replace this value for syndicating 30 records out of MDM using Syndicator or Intermediate tool

Using Syndicator, In Item tabs whatever name you given for your Destination field say RS, Unmap this Destination target field and then one way A). Set these Destination field Property in Destination Items tab as Required = click check-box and give(write) Default Text = AA, So in this way you can send all the 30 records which can have Value AA rather than REMOTE_SYSTEM.

Other way B) you can also create a Custom Item field in Custom Items tab and Put field Property = AA by typing manually and then can map this with target Destination field RS.

Similarly, You can filter for BB and then CC and can syndicate using Custom Items tab or by setting Destinations Item Map Property as said above after unmapped this field with existing source field.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I am a bit confused here.

Are you syndicating it out to 3 different remorte systems? or 3 different ports?

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hav eonly one remote system and one port.. not three remote systems and three ports..

Regards,

Rajeev