cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting rules and importing to PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have some questions about the rule export functionality in RAR. I have a DEV and PRD GRC system. The DEV GRC system has connectors to DEV and QAS SAP systems. The PRD GRC system has connector to DEV, QAS and PRD SAP systems.

How can I import rules for the PRD SAP system? Do the number of connectors on DEV GRC and PRD GRC need to match or is there any way that I can work around this?

Thanks,

Niamh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niamh,

You can use the rule export utility in rule architect to export the rules for your PRD SAP System. When you go to export rules, just put the connector id of the PRD SAP System in the Destination field. This will make the RAR to export the rules for PRD SAP System. Simply select the source system which exporting and put the name of PRD SAP in the destination and export rules.

You do not need to have the same number of connectors in both GRC systems.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun,

However I dont see how this can work if I have more systems in PRD GRC than DEV GRC. If I am exporting from DEV GRC and importing to PRD GRC, it doesn't like I can export all of the rules in the same file? (I can only put 1 destination system against each source system). Is it possible to export to 2 files and import 2 files for different systems?

I have some cross system rules which must be generated as physical system level so while I am using logical systems for everything else, the rules are at physical system level.

Thanks,

Niamh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niamh,

I am sorry but i could not fully understand your requirement. From what i understood, you want to export rules for 2 different systems in 2 different files. right? and then you wish to import them one by one for that particular SAP system connector only, right?

If this is true, then when you will export the rules, it will always create a single file with all the rules data. However, you are right that you can put only 1 system name in the destination column. But you can always repeat the export procedure exporting for system A first and then repeating for System B next time. You can save the files with different names and then you can import the rules by "Importing for that particular system only". While importing system gives you option to either replace rules for particular system or all the systems.

Everything i have written above is based on what i could understand. I am sorry if i did not understood you correctly and told you something incorrect. If you could clarify a little bit that will really help me give you better solution, if i have it.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Varun,

Yes this answers my question. I am waiting on our PRD system to be built so could not try this out, but I was assuming you could only import 1 file with all rules. However if you can upload seperate files with rules for each system then that answers my question.

Thanks,

Niamh