cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting error , message number 181 , "No other Column available "

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends i have created a very simple smartform when executing it then a error :

Test for function group      /1BCDWB/SF00000031
Function module              /1BCDWB/SF00000031
Uppercase/Lowercase

Runtime:        1,893,140 Microseconds

Exception       FORMATTING_ERROR
Message ID:          SSFCOMPOSER                Message number:           181
No other column available (see long text!).

what could be the reason ?plz help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Presently there are more no. of rows / text elements than the number of columns.

Please create the row again using the line-type that you have used and create/copy the text elements.

This may solve your problem.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx karthikk....now i have created more columns than text elements with table painterNow i want to delete one.hw could I?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

As per my understanding, you have mentioned about the deletion of one column in the table that you have created.

If this is so, then you can goto the tab "Tables" in "Table" node, goto "Details" button, there you can see the numeric values of width of each columns. You can delete the last entry or else any other suitable column you want to delete.

Regards,

Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used to do in the debug mode. Call the smartform in a program and just stop after the function module call where you will get the sy-subrc value as 1 (formatting_error). You can check with syst-msgid, syst-msgno, syst-msgv1, syst-msgv2, syst-msgv3 & syst-msgv4.

In your case, it is clear that syst-msgid = SSFCOMPOSER & syst-msgno = 181. check the other four variable field. I am sure, you will get the exact smartform element name where the issue is happening.

You can do the same in the function module itself and try to stop when the exception is called and check for the above values.

Regards,

Selva K.

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a table in your form and under the text elements each have a option new column and you have more text elements with this option flagged than you have columns in your table.

Regards,

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Marius.I have a single internal table in my smartform.

In its header are i have taken 4 columns and same no of columns in the main area.....

thera are also 4 text elements in header and 4 in main area..

how to correct the problem.

plz help i m just a beginner

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check also the first text item in the body section if it has the new line flagged. What I usually do is to create a folder when the SAP installation is 4.6c. I set the new line and new cell parameters on each of the folders. By doing this I can then create a material number text element and a material description text element in the same folder that will print under each other as an example. Even long text. The new column and new is left blank on all my text elements.

Don't hesitate to ask if you get stuck.

Regards,

M