Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon failed: you do not have necessary right to design report against SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration I have SAP BW 7, SAP R/3 ECC6 and Crystal report 2008

We have development and Production envirnoment , Presently Crystal report access data from Development R/3 data(BAPI). when we have to production environment by giving username and Password gives following error:

Login failed:

Detail You do not have necessary right to design reports against the SAP system. Please check with your system Administrator.

As we have check right for production user have full access( same as development user).

we have done Transport from Development R/3 to Production R/3

looking for solution

thx

Mustaq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shankar_ayyachamy
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajib,

Please check the below link, issue is discussed in detail

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1985835

Thanks

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

The connectivity with SAP R/3 from Crystal Reports are working but we were not able to see all the SAP tables in Crystal Reports apart from very few . We are on BO 4.0 SP2 patch 12

Can anyone tell me what could be the reason ?

thanks,

Rajib

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a really old thread. You should probably open your own.

I assume you have followed the Admin Guide and granted your SAP user the required authorizations?

Also, the latest Transports are imported an active?

Finally, in the db expert, you can use a wild card character to retrieve tables - this can be of use.

Regards,

H

former_member223477
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajib,

You can goto file --> Options --> Database --> there you can enter the tables name in views like 'VB%" then you will get the VB related tables.

With Regards,

Krishna

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

part of the ABAP Transports from the SAP Integration Kit are also authorization objects. Take a look at the Installation Guide for the SAP Integration Kit which lists all required authorizations.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ingo

We have given full access right to user. still gives same error persist,

Same authorization for user is given in Production environment as in Development envirroment working fine able to access the data fro development R/3 Env.

Thanks

Mustaq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustaq,

You need to have developer rights in Business Objects, Check what rights you have..

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you run an authorization trace to see the missing authorization on the SAP backend.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo and Other Team

Problem is solved, Developer right is not assign to the user.

Thanks

Mustak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are also facing similar problem, what do you mean by developer rights, is it ABAP Developer role in ECC or ?

Regards,

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ravi

Use an User ID of ABAP Developer which have full access, You will get all BAPI in crystal report.

Thanks

Mustak

TomGra
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm setting up a new test system.

Which developer rights did you exactly mean?

BR

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Grasser on Mar 18, 2011 2:55 PM