cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RFC Adapter Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using the following scenarion (SAP ECC)Sender RFC>PI 7.1->Receiver JDBC(ThirdParty).

The issue is whenever the the ECC system is down and is up again , the RFC sender messages are getting struck in SM58(tRFC queue).What I manually do is , go the RFC Sender communication channel in PI and reactivate it again, by making a small change in the description of the communication channel.

So, my question is , whether there is a automatical ways to handel this issue.

Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way to perform this automatically. I think restart of ECC is not a frequent practice in any business, therefore ideally you should add this as one of the post processing procedures after ECC restart.

Technically, there is possibility of creating a scenario which can run through a job on ECC running once after each restart. This can call webservice in PI to fetch communication channel information and reactivate it. Not a solution I would recommend.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I can restart the channel, but this is again a manual intervention.Can someone suggest me a way which would be automatic , or is this not posiible with sender RFC adapter.

Thanks,

Venu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read my reply?

or is this not posiible with sender RFC adapter.

Not possible.

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can try this;

schedule report RSARFCEX. this will help reprocess the stuck messages in the queue. This works in PI check if this is applicable in ECC

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no standard solution for this issue.

You should use Sender Proxy & use that RFC function module in program for posting that data in proxy structure.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What I manually do is , go the RFC Sender communication channel in PI and reactivate it again, by making a small change in 
the description of the communication channel.

If not wrong, the other way is to stop and start the channel in RWB (or through an URL)