cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the document date of the accounting document after VF11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just want to ask if there is a way to change the document date of the accounting document of an cancellation invoice (S1)?

Here is the steps that I have done:

The invoice billing date is 6/1/2010, then I perform a reversal in VF11and change the billing date of the cancellation invoice to 6/16/2010. The results was the accounting document of the reversal was 6/1/2010 and the posting date was 6/16/2010.

Is there a way I could change the document date to 6/16/2010? if it is not possible what could be the explanation?

Is the document date of the reversal comes from the original document?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Before posting the reverse document go into the header details of the document, there you can change the document date.

Regards,

Sagar Wairagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sagar,

I am doing the reversal of the ivoice document in transaction VF11 and accounting document was created automatically. I cannot change the document date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We really need to have the document date and the posting date of the reversal accounting document to be the same. This only happens if we cancel an invoice at the same date when the original invoice was posted.

But we have invoice and cancellation invoice with different billing date.

Is there other way to do cancellation/reversal of the invoice beside VF11?

When I try reversal in FB02 it has an error message u201CNot possible to reverse the document in financial accountingu201D

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

did you read my previous post ?

When you reverse the biling document by VF11, is the accounting document automatically cleared ?

If so, then the system is performing the new cancellation procedure.

In this case the document date of the FI documents is always the same.

Please try to deactivate the New cancellation procedure as suggested by note 339928.

Then, in VF11, checnge the billing date. It wil be copied into the FI cancellation document.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

if the system perfoms the so called new cancellation procedure, then document date is copied from reversed accounting document. See note 1259505, 339928.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think it is not possible but you can generate new invoice and posting invoice with T.Code FB01.

Regards,

Sandip