cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORDERS05 - iDoc import fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to import the ORDERS05 iDoc from the ECC5.0 to the XI, and receive an error message telling me the iDoc contains errors.

This is supposed to be a standard released iDoc version, and while checking it on the ERP system, I get no errors.

Has anyone successfully imported this iDoc ? is there a known problem with this iDoc and is there a note fixing it ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

Just one more thing.

On your XI server, go to transaction SE37 and run function 'IDX_STRUCTURE_GET'.

This will check the whole functionality of the import- RFC destination, permissions and so on. You will also be able to view the imported segments.

If you need help with the parameters, you can put a breakpoint in transaction IDX1 where it's calling this FM.

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Herr,

This is purely ECC authorization problem and nothing else (Get the full auth and try defnately it will work for you)

Regards,

MFH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

I suspect the IDoc extension wasn't defined properly or isn't released.

From what I saw in other threads, this error is usually related to IDoc extensions that have errors in them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

That's what I suspected at first, but that's not it.

At first I really tried to import the iDoc extension, but when the error occurred I started investigating, and after I have checked the extension and noticed there are no errors in it, I tried to import the standard iDoc and it failed as well.

I think there is a problem with the standard iDoc in that system, but I don't know what I can do to fix it, it's not like I have an "Activate" option for the iDoc type or for the segments.

Any other ideas ? all help will be welcomed.

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

Try to delete the IDOC in transaction IDX2 and then re-import it from this transaction.

Also, do you have any other ECC system you can import from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

I have deleted the iDoc from IDX2 - didn't help.

I have successfully imported the same iDoc from another ECC system, but now I'm facing a bigger problem because I need to import an extension of the ORDERS05 iDoc which does not exist in the other ECC system.

Any ideas what could have caused the problem in the original system ?

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

It really seems like the import is failing because of a permission problem ('no segments' suggests no data was read)

Search for related dumps on the ECC machine from which you're trying to import the IDoc. I've seen the IDoc metadata RFC function causing dumps when a permission problem is the culprit.

Does the user you're importing with have the SAP_ALL role?

Good Luck,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

Is it possible that the permissions for importing idoc are idoc specific ? I was able to import other idoc types.

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No the permission are not IDoc specific.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case, I guess the permissions are not the problem because I able to import other iDoc types.

Elad.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

If you are able to import other IDOCs but not ORDERS specifically, then it implies that this IDOC has not been release properly in your R3 system.

Check if it has been released once again in we60 .

Go to we 60 --> Give your IDOC BASIC Type and then f8. Check if each segment has been released.

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This idoc is many times used. ( I don't remember did i get a error or not)But what is ther error ? Check all the segments are releaed?

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you look at SAP Note: 612913

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have checked the suggested notes and they seem to be irrelevant.

The error just say that the XI is unable to read segments.

I have checked the standard idoc, there are no errors.

The only messages i get by checking each segment is that it's a standard segment.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error coule be related to 'USERID' you are using to import the IDOC into IR from R/3. Can you post the error you are getting in IR while importing the IDOC?

Check the following thread.

Message was edited by: Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here is the exact message in the "Import SAP object" popup:

>> ORDERS.ORDERS05: Error

>> + Error: IDoc type ORDERS05 contains errors (unable to read segments)

>>

>> Import failed with 1 error

Thanks,

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You wouldnt be able to import an idoc from the R/3 system without it being released.

In your R/3 system, go to transaction we30, enter the idoc name, and click on the "check" button.

This will give you information about the various segments that the idoc contains and if they are error free and released.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I have checked the idoc in WE30, the only message I get for each segment is that it is a SAP standard segment.

Thanks,

Elad.

mf_haq
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Herr,

This is purely ECC authorization problem and nothing else (Get the auth and try defnately it will work)

Regards,

MFH

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ELad,

In your ECC system check if the idoc and all its segments have been released in the transaction we60.

Regards,

Bhavesh