Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Creation of Private folder in Easy DMS

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I got the following error while creating private folder for a new user.

Folder Creation failed; check the logs under SLG1 Tx for more information.

While checking SLG1 transaction in SAP I found the following info for the user:

Identification

Object________________ CIF (Core Interface Application Log Object)

Subobject_____________ T_CLAF (Classification)

External ID___________

Log number____________ 00000000000003867077

Created:

Date__________________ 20100628

Time__________________ 095056

User__________________ DMS_USER4

Transaction code______

Program_______________ SAPLCIFG

Operating mode________ D (Dialog processing)

Expiry date___________ 20100705

Keep until expiry_____

Processing status_____

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

do you also face some error message in EasyDMS too? Because normally the private folder should be created automatically. Therefore a document info record with the UserID as number will be created in the backend system. So could you check if there is such a document info record with number 'DMS_USER4'?

Further maybe an authorization trace could help to find out if there is a possible problem with some authorization objects during the folder creation. You can start the trace in transaction ST01 and then execute the steps in EasyDMS which will lead to the

error message. Then go to ST01 in the backend system again and check if during the executed steps some authorization check (e.g. for object C_STUE_BER) fails.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf ,

Thanks for your information.

I found "private folder" while searching ZAC doc. type. How to make this folder available on main screen where I am viewing Search folder. Where as when I am searching other doc. types it is showing OK.

For other users all three folders(search folder ; privatefolder ; public folder) showing in main screen.

When I am trying to log in with "DMS_USER4" there is pop up screen " No Private folder found. Do you want to create now " . When I click OK, it is giving the message I wrote. I am selecting the ZAC document type which the user has authorization.

When I check for that doc. type ZAC in Easy DMS search with this user ID. It is showing list for a doc. with many versions for one document no. When I click on the documets, those are deleted. For all these documents description is showing " Private / Private Root Folder" which I selected while creating.

When I see in CV04N in SAP all those were marked for deletion.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

could you please check if for this document info record of type ZAC the deletion indicator is set? Because if this happens only for this one user I would suggest you to delete this document info records with number 'DMS_USER4' setting the deletion indicator in transaction CV02N and then using report MCDOKDEL. After this document has bein deleted please logon to EasyDMS again and if the 'Create private folder' pop-up is raised again the user should be able to create its folder correctly in EasyDMS.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf,

Thanks for the info.

I deleted all marked for deletion DIRs of the doc. type of ZAC.

When I tried one more time for log the same pop-up and same message appeared.

As I told you that there is one Private folder is appering when I am searching in Easy DMS with user ID " DMS_USER4" for the doc. type ZAC. For this private folder, doc. no. is showing as "sai.k", doc. type as ZAC. This could be reason. ("sai.k" is another user ID).

When seaching for ZAL doc. type it is not showing normal records.

"DMS_USER4" user is authorized for only two doc. types : ZAC and ZAL.

Private folder should appear on main screen or not ? i.e. along with "search result" folder.

When I try to delete the "Private folder" (which is showing only on searching ZAC doc. type), it didn't allow me with message " Deletion of documents is not possible from search result"

Can you tell me how to proceed ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf,

Which I am seeing as folder in ZAC doc. type is DIR with Doc. structure. Doc. no. is "sai.k" and description is "private folder" . This got confused me.

That is still the problem of "creating Private folder " is not solved. I am getting the same pop-up screen & message which is coming early.

I do have some other DIRs in ZAC doc. type, one with DOc. structure. These are showing OK. Shall I deelte all.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

I'm quite sure that the DIR with number 'sai.k' is your private folder and I would not recommend you to delete it. For user 'DMS_USER4' there should exist also a DIR with number 'DMS_USER4'. Is there a DIR in table DRAW with this document number? In case such a document info record exists this should be the private folder of user 'DMS_USER4' and it should be displayed if this user logs on with EasyDMS. The private folder should be visible with the 'Public folder' and the 'Search result' folder.

Regarding the mentioned error message please note that you may not delete any folder at this level. So the private folder or something like that cannot be deleted in EasyDMS.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf ,

I chekced the DRAW tabel with description as " DMS* ". Ic ould not see any DIR with name DMS_USER4. I found only DMS_USER1(doc. type - A4I) ; DMS_KW_DEMO (doc.type- DOC) ; DMS_USER3 (doc. type- ZAO). Then I cjecked with description"USER*, then also same results.

For DMS_USER4, there is no "Public folder" also. There exists only "Search result" folder on main screen.

When I check with User "sai.k" all three folders are showing. Private folder is showing with ZAC doc. type and doc. no. as "sai.k" ; Public document folder as FOL doc. type and description as "Edit public Folder".

How come "sai.k" private folder is showing for the user "DMS_USER4". Since it is showing doc. no. as"sai.k"

Regards,

Sai Krisna

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

maybe the reason for this different behavior is due to a different authorization. Maybe the mentioned authorization trace could help to find out if there is a possible problem with some authorization objects during the folder creation. You can start the trace in transaction ST01 and then execute the steps in EasyDMS which will lead to the error message. Then go to ST01 in the backend system again and check if during the executed steps some authorization check (e.g. for object C_STUE_BER) fails.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf ,

Thanks for the support.I could able to solve the problem.

I switch on the trace on ST01 for authorization. I found that C_STUE_BER authorization was not given to the user. I had given the authorization full for all objects & could able to create Private folder now.

This object is for BOM authorization. Can u tell me what exactly I should select value of each field name as given below:

ACTVT

BEGRU

STLAN

STLTY

Since it is for BOM creation, there should not be any conflict in authorization. Since I am not giving any BOM creation like CS01 / CS02 / CS03 transaction authorization there should not be any problem ?

Pls. guide me.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I hope that the documentation of the authorization object C_STUE_BER could be useful for you.

This authorization object allows you to restrict maintenance of bills of material.

The system checks this authorization when you call a transaction for maintaining bills of material. If the authorization group is changed while the BOM is being maintained, the system checks the authorization again.

Defined fields

The table below shows the fields and values of the authorization object.

Fields Possible Description

ACTVT 01 Create

(Activity) 02 Change

03 Display

06 Delete

24 Create archive file

41 Delete from database

STLTY M Material BOM

(BOM cat.) E Equipment BOM

D Document structure

K Sales order BOM

S Standard BOM

T Functional location BOM

STLAN These values are defined in Customizing.

(BOM usage)

BEGRU 0000-ZZZZ Used to make additional

(Authorization restrictions on authorizations

group) for maintaining individual BOMs

(BOM header).

In transaction SU56 you can also display the whole authorization of an user regarding its authorizations.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf ,

Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Answers (0)