cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Manager Error "Could not load image. Socket error on receive"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, MDMers!

While working with MDM Data Manager client application I from time to time get the following error "Could not load image <Name of WF or Image>. Socket error on receive".

It sometimes happens when I try to open Workflow with Microsoft Visio or to view Image (Lookup [Image] field).

Then I exit the application, login again and the same Workflow or Image is opened fine.

Does anyone met this problem and knows how to fix it?

BR, Viktoria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Privyet Victoria,

from my point of view it looks rather like a network problem than an MDM issue. I had a client where the network was rather unstable, which caused similar problems, i.e. the connection was interrupted for several ms, which caused problems with larger objects loaded from the database, e.g. workflows (Visio) or images. Maybe the connection between the MDM server and the database, or the MDM server and the clients is too slow.

Best regards

Christian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktoria,

Please find similar thread issue with Import Manager:

It may be also possible because of network Connection. Please find similar thread.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per your error details its seem to be problem with image, so right click on repository in MDM Console select properties then choose option Prohibited Photoshop images = "Yes" , hope this will resloved your error

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for trying to help.

I think the problem is not because of the image. The same error appears when I try to open MDM Workflow.

I suspect that this error occurs when I don't make any operations in MDM Data Manager for some time. So may be there is some timeout parameter which defines this behaviour.

Please, help me to find the answer.

P.S. There error has two variations "Socket error on receive" and "Socket error on send".

BR, Viktoria