cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC call having problem while calling from webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing a strange problem .In my webdynpro i have a RFC function module . the structure is like this.

Loop.

<GET current system>.

TRY.

call <RFC FUNCTION MODULE> DESTInation <own system> .

ENDTRY.

ENDLoop

With in the Function module we have created a BDC seesion.

Here the loop is running for 10 times .for the first time it is the rfc call is perfect and a session is created in sm35.

For the second loop run the system is going to hang.and when i checked sm35 the next day 1 session is created (for the second loop)

Like this the session are created in different days .And the session created times are like00:00:04,00:00:08 etc.

I have checked if any hold time is there for the session but there is noting like this .

And i digged more and checked in SM50 there the call is running in background and it is connected some other system though i have given the target system as own system.

please advice me about this and how to find the root cause for this.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

at the end of each loop iteration call fm RFC_CONNECTION_CLOSE

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Edited by: Bala Duvvuri on Jul 6, 2010 6:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for that,

but how can i explain the current situation .

How can i investigate and find the root cause.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>but how can i explain the current situation .

>How can i investigate and find the root cause.

Possibly by posting your issue in a different forum - it's been fairly thoroughly demonstrated that your issue is not Web Dynpro ABAP related.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Why are you supplying a destination at all? You can use DESTINATION 'NONE' or simply not supply a Destination if you want to hit the same server. If you wanto free the current application while the Function runs, consider the STARTING NEW TASK addition to the CALL FUNCTION.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reponse .

Here the problem is it has already been developed now the Bug is the function call is still running and the sessions created as

below

17.06.2010 00:00:30 SAPMSSY1

17.06.2010 00:00:28 SAPMSSY1

16.06.2010 00:00:36 SAPMSSY1

15.06.2010 01:21:46 SAPMSSY1

15.06.2010 00:59:33 SAPMSSY1

15.06.2010 00:01:06 SAPMSSY1

Now teh problem is why the sessions are not created at the same time i executed it.ie,on 11:06:2010.

so,please let me know why is call is taking that much long time .(it is very rare for RFC call for such a long time ).

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Without knowing what is happing inside the function modules, it seems difficult to say. Have you watched the execution from the process overview screen to see if they are actually running that long? Do you have a limited number of batch work processes and during that time they are having to wait in queue to begin processing? Not sure this question has much to do with Web Dynpro ABAP either at this point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have tryed to replicate the same thing in foreground .

i create a program to execute this functin module/

I am getting the same problem may i have any advice on this

How can i investigate this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have tryed to replicate the same thing in foreground .

i create a program to execute this functin module/

I am getting the same problem may i have any advice on this

How can i investigate this?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If you can recreate this problem in a standard forground program, then I don't see how it is related to Web Dynpro ABAP. That said, you have posted this question in the incorrect forum. You would get better results posting it instead to one of the main ABAP forums - perhaps ABAP General.

Two, you are going to have to provide more details about what processing is happening inside the function module.