cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV footer page no, next page not displayed by default NW 7.0 EHP1 SPS02 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got problem with NW 7.0 EHP1 SPS02 because the default ALV table doesn't display footer (page no, total page, next page etc) by default. Even the sample webdynpro from SAP.

I have checked the same sample in NW 7.0 SP18 it is working fine.

is that any specific configuration or coding need to be done in order to display the standard footer information ?

i am able to use this command

lv_value->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_visible_row_count('15').

Even for shorting (Previously it will displayed by default for every column but not for this version) I need to apply this code below :

" Set Default sort column.
  DATA: lr_field TYPE REF TO cl_salv_wd_field.
  lr_field = lv_value->if_salv_wd_field_settings~get_field( 'STORE_NO' ).
  lr_field->if_salv_wd_sort~create_sort_rule( sort_order = if_salv_wd_c_sort=>sort_order_descending )

Please advise if someone has experience or solution.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand Lesmana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As for the sorting - I believe it is available - it just doesn't show up as already sorted. If you click on the blank space on the right of the column header the column sorts.

This isn't perhaps as obvious - but the functionality hasn't disappeared.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for all your information. It's solved my problem.

Just for additional information. I just found 1 sap notes related to this issue.

SAP Note 1407668 - WD ABAP 7.01: The table paginator has been abolished

I can still use the old feature by applying this notes.

Best Regards

Fernand

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I can still use the old feature by applying this notes.

Be very, very careful when choosing to follow this path. From note 1407668: This will disable the majority of the UI innovations of WD ABAP 7.01. Furthermore, this parameter may no longer be uspported in future releases.

So in sort: you are giving up all the performance improvements, AJAX rendering, in-line CSS, JavaScript Load-On Demand, all the new UI elements, Drag and Drop, FlashIslands, the latest Theme (SAP_TRADESHOW_PLUS - the signature theme), etc just to get the paginator on the table. Just be aware of the huge performance and functionality penaltiy you are paying to get this one UI construct.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Moving to NW EhP1 brought in server side scrolling for tables (not just ALV ones).

The table footer is dead - long live the scroll bar.

Have a search - the whole scroll bar/table footer thing has been covered a fair few times here. Recently...

Cheers,

Chris

former_member233090
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Please refer this two links

>

>

>

> cheers,

> Bhavana

The links are to a Web Dynpro Java threads... not particularly relevant!