cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of connector in RAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have performed some changes to the connector set up in our Access Control 5.3 SP12 installation, leaving us in a situation where we currently have two connectors in RAR pointing to the same backend system. I want to delete the old connector because I think this is the reason why we have not been able to make the risk analysis, during role configuration, in ERM work.

When I try to delete the connector I get an error message informing me that I am not allowed to delete it because items related to this connector exist in the system.

Do anyone know which items I have to remove in RAR to be able to remove the obsolete connector?

BR

Kari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kari,

You can schedule a background job to delete the connector and all its related data from within RAR itself. Kindly go to RAR configuration -> Utilities -> Manage Deletion-> Delete Systems. Here you can select the system which you wish to delete the connector for and then schedule a background job. The job will delete all the data related to that connector so kindly expect some delay in completion of this job.

If you see the option as grayed out then you need to assign the UME permissions to your role in UME. The New Permissions are "ManageDeletionSystemRules" & "ManageDeletionAllRules"

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks a lot for your information, which was new to me

I managed to set up the background job successfully, but it does not seem to start running as it has remained in status "ready" for almost three hours now....

BR

Kari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kari,

Please check if you have any other background job running in the system. The job will stay in READY state unless it finds the thread to work on.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

There are no other background jobs running at the moment..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kari,

Did you check if your Background DAEMON is working on not? All the threads should be in IDLE status. If they are on any other status then the job wont run. Kindly check the same.

Regards, Varun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a lot of trouble we finally made the job start running. But then it kept running for days and never completed....

The initial issue has however in the meantime been solved in another way.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you generated rules for this connector ? If you have done that it is very difficult to delete the connector unless and until you will not clean rules where this system connector is used.

Thanks

Sunny

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kari,

which version are you at? The current support pack level has a functionality for connector deletion.

Frank.