cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cilent Export/Import Directly From DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can I export and import SAP client manually using the DB directly without using SAP tcodes? I have the following case:

1-We were working on the Q system on client 200. We deleted it to import new client copy from production system.

2-We imported the Production client into the Q 200 client.

3-Due to business requirements, we want now to restore the client 200 as it was before deletion.

Proposed Scenarios:

1-Restore the full DB for the Q system but in this case it will overwrite the other clients on the Q system (i.e. 100, 550,u2026etc)

2-Restore the DB on any other machine that have SQL 2005, extract the relevant data, tablesu2026etc for the client 200 only, and then restore it to client 200 only. In this case I will restore the required client without affecting the remain clients.

Can we use the second scenario?

We are working on Windows 2003, SQL 2005, ECC 6.0

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ahmad Yasin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep:

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly find my below notes/comments:

1-The note provided is for older versions of SAP_APPL and SAP_BASIS components.

2-The client 200 in the Q system was deleted and replaced by production clients about 10 days ago. During that, some transactions were occurred on other clients (i.e. 100, 500,...etc) on the Q system which we need to keep. What is mentioned in the note is for restoring the whole DB and as I said, it will overwrite the other clients which I need to keep. I just want to recover only one client (client 200) and keep the remain clients untouched.

Upon this case, do you have any idea how to achieve what I am looking for?

I hope that I clarified the case.

Regards,

Ahmad Yasin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1-The note provided is for older versions of SAP_APPL and SAP_BASIS components.

>

The Note is a concept/feature and not for a particular release. Please refer to 'Affected release' section of the note

-

Affected Releases

Release-Independent

-

You may apply the techniques advised for any SAP Release from when on the corrections are delivered.

> 2-The client 200 in the Q system was deleted and replaced by production clients about 10 days ago. During that, some transactions were occurred on other clients (i.e. 100, 500,...etc) on the Q system which we need to keep. What is mentioned in the note is for restoring the whole DB and as I said, it will overwrite the other clients which I need to keep. I just want to recover only one client (client 200) and keep the remain clients untouched.

>

The note exactly and only describes a relevant scenario . You may need a standby hardware where in you restore the backup (i.e. before 10 days/ before deletion) export the required client and the import it to the current system. If you donot have an additional hardware to do the same, take backup of current system ( I call this BKP_LATEST) and restore the backup before 10 days (BKP_OLD) and export the client as a transport request(SCC8). Now restore the system from BKP_LATEST and import the TR. But yes, the second method is time taking as mentioned in the note.

cheers !

PRADi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you go through the following Note:-

-

SAP Note 31496 - CC-INFO: Client deleted by mistake

-

cheers !