cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI File adapter FTP service populating internal SAP table 4 times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have created a File adapter and sending data through FTP service using receiver as the RFC at SAP ECC side. When the file is accespted by the XI system the data from the file is populated 4 times in the internal table of SAP ECC.

How can I find where this error lies. Is it at the XI interface end or due to program error on the ABAP side. The data is populated in the internal table 4 times with a time interval of exactly 5 mins in between population.

Kindly suggest any troubleshooting steps for the same.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check if the data is coming correctly in XI from the file adapter. If it is coming once from the source file then there is no issue . then check under communication channel monitering in XI for your receiver RFC adapter. If the data has undergone some changes. If it is ok then do a check on the ECC target side , and the code which triggers your RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for your reply.

1] First check if the data is coming correctly in XI from the file adapter.

=> I cehcked in the XI system (tcode sxmb_moni) monitor processed XML messages. Only one success message is present for the file.

2] The data is coming correctly into the SAP ECC system into the internal table. But the problem is that it is writing the same data 4 times after an interval of 5 miins. It should come/write to the internal table only once.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Just another addition. I tested the same issue, by removing/disabling the communication channel (RFC) after the data was populated two times in the sap ecc internal table. After disconnection I noticed that the data was not populated further as it does 4 times. This means that there is some setting at the XI side thats causing this problem.

Has anyone come across similar issue.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have created the interface between XI & SAP-ECC system.

using

SENDER

-

File Adapter

Transport protocol = FTP protocol

Message protocol = File content conversion

Adapter Engine = Integration server

RECEIVER

-

RFC Adapter

Transport protocol = RFC

Message protocol = RFC (RFC XML)

Adapter engine = Integration Server

When the file from the legacy system is picked up by XI system, the data from the file is written to the SAP-ECC systems internal table 4 times after period of exactly 5 mins each.

We have tested the scenario by disabling the communication channel (RFC) after the data from file is populated in the SAP-ECC internal table, so when comm channel is disabled the data is not written 4 times. This indicates that the issue is at XI end which causes the data to be pushed/written to the SAP-ECC system 4 times instead of once.

Waiting for a resolution on this.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check your mapping in IR usuing test tab? Please use the same input file? how many times the target structure created in mapping?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is really strange behavior, first check the pay load in SXMB MONI for target,if the target has same data 5 times then the could be the reason,why communication channel executing 5 times.

if only one set of data generated in target then it is a problem with cc,but it will not work like that.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj / Rajesh,

Thanks for your replies. I have tested the Message Mapping in IR and the result was only 1 output.

How can we check payload in sxmb_moni ?

In sxmb_moni there is only 1 successful log of message sent in "processed XML Messages". The time of the successful message is the time when the first entry in the ECC internal table is submitted. For the following 3 entries spaced by a time limit of 5 mins there is no entry in the "process XML messages" in the XI system..

As I explained earlier the data is written to the internal table of ECC exactly aftera period of 5 mins and stops after writing the same data 4 times.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I checked the payload and the data is shown only once in the payload also.

Under 'Receiver Identification' = 1 time

Under Receiver grouping = 1 time

What else could be the issue, could it be with the RFC program, but when I stop the communication channel the entries stop coming. So I am not sure where exactly the problem is.

Thank you

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the problem with RFC Function module,can you sit with ABAP prople and explain your proplem,they will debug function module,if you know dubbging then well and good.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes the issue was with the RFC module. I had raised this same question with SAP and they had asked for the Audit log from RWB, thats where after reading the log figured out the problem with the RFC.

The RFC function module after writing data to the internal table was supposed to raise an event, but since the event to be raised was not created by ABAPer it generated a dump. Now this dump was fed back to the JCO (I believe, but not sure) which interpreted this as a failure to complete the task and retried the whole task of sending information after 5 minutes. It attempted this action for 4 times (5 min intervals) then after 4 times it returned Xi audit log with the status "NDLV" which I think stands for Non Delivered.

So thats what my interpretation is, if anyone else has same issue they can look at the audit log below for comparison:

Audit Log for Message: 93dc279e-6f27-4452-33f6-e507d61b21d2

Time Stamp Status Description

2010-06-28 09:51:53 Error MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZRFC_GR_2100 in remote system (RfcClient[COMM_CHANNEL_RFC]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Message type is unknown.: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZRFC_GR_2100 in remote system (RfcClient[COMM_CHANNEL_RFC]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) R

2010-06-28 09:51:53 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZRFC_GR_2100 in remote system (RfcClient[COMM_CHANNEL_RFC]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Message type is unknown.

2010-06-28 09:51:53 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZRFC_GR_2100 in remote system (RfcClient[COMM_CHANNEL_RFC]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Message type is unknown.: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: JCO.Exception while calling ZRFC_GR_2100 in remote system (RfcClient[COMM_CHANNEL_RFC]):com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) R.

2010-06-28 09:51:53 Success The message status set to WAIT.

2010-06-28 09:51:53 Success The asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Mon Jun 28 09:56:53 AST 2010.

2010-06-28 09:56:53 Success The message status set to TBDL.

2010-06-28 09:56:53 Success Retrying to deliver message to the application. Retry: 1

2010-06-28 09:56:53 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2010-06-28 09:56:53 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2010-06-28 09:56:53 Success Delivering to channel: COMM_CHANNEL_RFC

Again thank you experts for your valuable suggestions.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing Thread

Answers (0)