cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO for Configurable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We require to configure the STO process for a configurable material, but as per the present system configurable material production in supplying plant triggers by sales order. this resulting in non availability of material to dispatch against the STO purchase order.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

your inputs are awaited!!!

thanks & regards,

Anup

Edited by: anupam sharma on Jun 27, 2010 3:59 PM

Edited by: anupam sharma on Jun 30, 2010 8:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vicbalboa1
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately you did not provide enough context, are you creating sales order for material in plant A and then STO to get from plant B?, are you just trying to configure in STO in plant A and then get from B?, is configurable material to be produced in plant B? is material already in stock at plant B? where did it store its characteristics? is it batch managed?... and so on...

Former Member
0 Kudos

no satisfactory answer.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the correct MRP parameter for the material, i.e., special procurement type for stock transfer in MRP2.

So, you have set this up and it generates the stock transfer requests.

Note that the STO will have the account assignment for sales order stock.

Check following links for hints:

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

In my case, when I create a STO purchase order with configurable material, in VL10B system is not determining delivery quantity it is coming as plank. And when I am trying to enter the delivery quantity, system is throwing an error that '0' qty is available.

There is enough unrestricted quantity in supplying.

your further inputs will be appriciated.

Thanks,

Anup

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are some batch maintain for those material?

OR

With delivery item categoy settings T code 0Vlp you cannot control over delivery for STOs

It will work for only sales orders and not STO as STO is a purchase order

Consult your MM guys in your team whether they can fix the issue with some delivery tolerances

Regards

JP