cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

1. I have configured the Auto email reaction method for the system availabilty .

Can it be possible to Change the text (subject) of the Email we recieve when the system goes down?

If yes how and what are the various options for it?

2. Also Please tell me what could be done so that the ccms agents get started automatically when the system or server gets restarted.

I dont have root access to edit the init file.

3. How can we monitor the CEN ( solution manager system ) . Can we monitor its availabilty in itself ?

Thanks in advance !

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone ..

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1. I have configured the Auto email reaction method for the system availabilty .

>

> Can it be possible to Change the text (subject) of the Email we recieve when the system goes down?

>

> If yes how and what are the various options for it?

Please check the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/content.htm

> 2. Also Please tell me what could be done so that the ccms agents get started automatically when the system or server gets restarted.

>

> I dont have root access to edit the init file.

CCMS agents are installed as services. It will get automatically started by default when you start your system. If it fails, you can start them manually. You can start it from Services if it is windows system or sapccm4x -DCCMS in Unix. Please check the below link for details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/94/1ff74049b28566e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

> 3. How can we monitor the CEN ( solution manager system ) . Can we monitor its availabilty in itself ?

Add solman system in smsy and configure as for any other system.

Rajeev

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

> 2. Also Please tell me what could be done so that the ccms agents get started automatically when the system or server gets restarted.

> I dont have root access to edit the init file.

CCMS will be a separate Process/ Service and you can restart it separately if you do not want to restart the whole system .

> 3. How can we monitor the CEN ( solution manager system ) . Can we monitor its availabilty in itself ?

Yes You can , provided the CEN system should be added in the Solution (SMSY) , i.e that included in the logical component .

RZ20 > GO to SAP CCMS Monitor Templates , here you can monitor everything including System Availability .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Edited by: Nibu Antony on Jun 26, 2010 12:23 PM