Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC timeout profile parameter

MauricioMiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the profile parameters that limit the time a RFC function module can stay runnuning in ABAP Stack?

I mean one external system calls a RFC in ABAP Stack, for how long the RFC can run without timeout, it does not matter for me the limitation in the external system, I want to know what are the limits in ABAP, what are the profile parameters that can limit the RFC execution?

I would like to know all of them for this scenario because based on it I can measure/study if my RFC will run in Production or not.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Mauricio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor

>

> I want to know what are the limits in ABAP, what are the profile parameters that can limit the RFC execution?

Hello Mauricio,

AFAIK the time limit for the RFC execution depends on the maximum runtime allocated to a dialog workprocess in the system. This is because the RFC calls are executed through dialog work processes.

This is determined by the profile param: rdisp/max_wprun_time. Check this SAP documentation on [How To change the maximum dialog runtime of a process|http://help.sap.com/bp_bw370/documentation/How_To_Change_the_Maximum_Dialog_Runtime_of_a_Process_in_NW2004s.pdf]

BR,

Suhas

1 REPLY 1

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor

>

> I want to know what are the limits in ABAP, what are the profile parameters that can limit the RFC execution?

Hello Mauricio,

AFAIK the time limit for the RFC execution depends on the maximum runtime allocated to a dialog workprocess in the system. This is because the RFC calls are executed through dialog work processes.

This is determined by the profile param: rdisp/max_wprun_time. Check this SAP documentation on [How To change the maximum dialog runtime of a process|http://help.sap.com/bp_bw370/documentation/How_To_Change_the_Maximum_Dialog_Runtime_of_a_Process_in_NW2004s.pdf]

BR,

Suhas