cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer Install Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help me with an issue I am having with installing Designer (not sure of the version# - it's compatible with BO XI 3.1). I get the following error message:

Error 2228. Database: Unknown table "registry" in SQL query; SELECT 'Root', 'Key', 'Name', 'Value' FROM 'Registry', 'Component' WHERE 'Registry'=? AND 'Registry', 'Component_'= 'Component', 'Component'

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

LuAnn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LuAnn,

If you don't know the version number, how do you know it is for XI 3.1? Although the Designer from XIR2 works in XI3.1, you really should use the XI3.1 Designer to avoid any unexpected issue.

The Designer is part of the client tool installation. I suggest to uninstall the current software, clean the Register to erase all traces. Then reinstall using the XI3.1 client tool installation package.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client tool installation package for XI 3.1 is what I installed, and had issues with. Just wanted to clarify.

Do you know the file path so that I can remove all instances of the install? Please let me know. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should really use the "Add/Remove programs" option to remove the installation. If you simply navigate to the folder (location) and delete, you have not removed the program you have simply deleted the files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the prompt repy to my post! I removed the client tools package via the add/remove programs and started fresh. I still receive the "Error 2228 Database message". Which is why I thought some additional steps were required to successfully install Designer.

One item to note - I went through the client tools package initial install without issue. Once the install was complete I lauched Designer from the Start menu. After I clicked on Designer it kicked off another install. I received the error message close to the end of the install.

Does that make sense?

Let me know. Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to running the Add and Remove program, you should also clean up the Registry and restart the machine to be absolutely sure.

Hope this helps. If not, please post again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Where do I go in the Registry to clean up (HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)? I am not sure what the specific file path is to clean up those instances. One important item to note is that I am currently on BO XI R2 and do not want to remove those

applications.

Please advise. Thank you!

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

Only BO support would be tell able to the specific keys to be removed from registry, you should not try deleting key from registry as it may affect current installation of BO XI R2. I would suggest get a VM and install fresh 3.1 client package.

--Kuldeep

Edited by: Kuldeep Chitrakar on Jun 29, 2010 2:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

May be this tread can help u a little

--Kuldeep