cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening & Closing Stock in P&L Statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client is using Tally software preior to SAP B1 Implementation. In Tally the P/L satatment shows Opening Stock , purchases and Closing Stock ledgers.We are not using Purchase Accounts posting system. How to map the existing SAP Ledgers according to Tally. We are using SAP B1 2007 B.

Please help me to map the G/L accoring to the above requirements.

Thanks

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

You may check this first:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. The problem is in Tally they used to show Opening Stock , Purchase and Closing stock for a perticular time period for calculating profit or Loss. Where as in SAP there is no such ledgers or COA in Indian Localization.

How the system consider these stock in P/L ststement.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are lots of differences between Tally and SAP B1. Since you have already switch to B1, you don't need to find everything in Tally to do the same. Follow B1's logic. You just need what ever available to B1 for your statement. Forget about Tally. That is my advice.

ashutosh_tomar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

Yes of-course Tally shows OB,and Closing balance at a particular time, SAP B1 Shows them too, but in a different manner.

1. Suppose , you have given OB to SAP on 01/04/10.(which is actually the closing balance of Tally as on 31/03/10).

Under trial balance report OB Column is there.

If you are trying to populate Tally's OB of 01/04/09, You Can't.

2. Getting the OB at a particular time in SAP, depends how you are maintaining your Posting Periods.

For Closing balance in SAP, The last column -'Balance' is actually the Closing balance as on the date for you are running Trial Balance Report.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards

Ashutosh T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

I am agree with U.

Actually in TALLY that Opening Stock A/c or Closing Stock a/c is an adjustment a/c. U can use that a/c whereever u want to edit your profit. People in India Edit the aforesaid a/cs for manipulate profit. OS A/c or CS A/c in tally are not real time a/cs. In SAP that Raw Material / Finished Goods A/cs are real time thats why they are showing only a particular balance on a particular date.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar Ramrakhani

Answers (0)