cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see SAP notes for bugs to be fixed in future patch level

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to see SAP notes for bugs to be fixed in future patch level for CA localization only?

Recently a client was upgraded to 8.8 SP0 PL11 and they discovered a bug (SAP note 1475645). SAP note 1475645 was released on 04.06.10 when the upgrade was already in testing. SAP intends to fix it in a future patch, therefore it is not included yet in any info file. Unfortunately, the client did not find this issue in testing but in the live upgraded database.

It would have been good if before upgrading the live database I could have found this note and advised the client of the workaround.

It occurs very often that the client needs to be upgraded due to one application error, but after upgrading they discover more application errors in the latest patch.

I have tried the notes search but there is no way to refine the search per localization and even if I search the phrase "SAP intends to provide a patch' I get 898 results because some notes have not removed this phrase when the patch was released. Also, the notes search is not ordered by date or note number.

Is there a way to see the planned info file for future patches??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you are looking for may not exists. I have a suggestion to reduce the search result dramatically. Such as by 8.8 program error, you will get only 15 notes. And by 8.8 application error, you will get 93 notes. Further restrict by click on Program Error category could trim it to 71 notes.

That could be handled by browsing them through. I could not find other ways since the search interface is too simple to set.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks, that is a good tip to search by category: program error. However, it still does not narrow the results to a manageable number.

For example, If I search #8.8 program error# or #8.8 application error# I do not find all relevant notes. The reason is that the writing of the notes is not consistent - Note 1475645 does not contain #8.8#.

If I search using the following:

category - program error

search for: SAP intends to provide a patch

search method: phrase

I get 821 notes. They are in order of last change date which is good but still, this doesn't work because a clean up is required e.g...Note 1477578 still says "SAP intends to provide patches' even though the patch has been released already(PL12) and I have already reviewed the info file.

It would be very helpful for both support and upgrades if the SAP notes search can be improved:

- refine search by version i.e....2007 or 8.8

- refine search by localization i.e...those country specific could be filtered out.

- refine to date range i.e...last change date

- clean up text on note when patch fix is released

- write notes consistently so that same search method can be used

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you. You may post a DRQ on this forum:

/community [original link is broken]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this useful link,it will be useful document.

How to search OSS NOTES that are relevant & applicable ONLY to your system

/people/kiran.dasari/blog/2010/02/26/how-to-search-oss-notes-that-are-relevant-applicable-only-to-your-system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is the u2018Help & Support' tab referred to in Step 1?