cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL account and posting keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone guide me how the Debit and the creift indicator is determined for the system to post the accouting entry for a sales transaction.

Through account determination the GL account is determined for an account key.

For example if GL account for sales determined is 1234 through account key. How does the system determines whether a credit value appears against the GL account 1234 (through posting key 50) and how the system determines the corresponding debit entry (posting key 40) to the customer account.

Can some show the T codes or menu path to link the GL accounts to posting keys and how the system determines that for every credit to sale account , a corresponding debit needs to be done to customer account (what control this )

regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For the said clarification even the SD document category will determine that which account should get credited and which account should be credited.

For example when we create F2 billing document Customer account will get debited and sales revenue accounts will get credited, but when we cancel the billing document S1 system will automatically post the reversal entries for the same G/L's

It is the document category which determines the same the debit and credit postings.

For further clarifications revert back to me.

Regards

Kiran

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

As you already know the accounting Principles, that Debit & Credits & every postings should be equal.

Now as per GL account determination maintained system determines necessary GL Accounts.

Now, in GL Account Definition (T-Code FS00) you enter Account Group (e.g. Inventory account, Fixed Asset account, Account Receivable, etc)

This Account Group classifies the GL Account Master Data. The account group is a classifying feature within the G/L account master records. The account group is a required entry.

The account group determines the fields for the entry screens if you create or change a master record in the company code. The account group also determines in which number interval the account number must be.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This can be done by FI team for setting up the posting keys for G/L accounts. Kindly check in t code FS00.

i hope it will help you.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the same in VKOA tcode i.e Account Determination.

Hope this will help you.

Jyotsna