SAP for Media Discussions
Spark conversations about content creation, audience engagement, and monetization strategies using SAP in the media industry. Join in the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDEX without retail switch: what's in, what's out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm at a customer starting a project. They have in one country already subscriptions and advertising of IS-Media. They are just implementing EHP1-4 in their systems.

In a roll-out to a new country, also single copy sales is to be used, so possibly we could use some of the functions included in PDEX enhancement (especially in the quantity planning part, as the logistic execution is outsourced).

However, their system is not having the retail switch activated, and they will not do so also on a running system (apart from functional reasons not to do so).

I was wondering if anyone has experience or knows what functions of PDEX will work (or not) in a not-retail system.

regards,

Bert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bert,

It is not necessary to switch on retail when implementing Press distribution.

Also you would not want to do that since that involves using the retail product master, which you would not want to do as you are using advertising and subscriptions and the retail media product master does not synchoronise to the product master used in those solutions.

Hope this helps,

Henry

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bert,

It is not necessary to switch on retail when implementing Press distribution.

Also you would not want to do that since that involves using the retail product master, which you would not want to do as you are using advertising and subscriptions and the retail media product master does not synchoronise to the product master used in those solutions.

Hope this helps,

Henry

0 Kudos

HI Henry,

thanks for your info. So you can use PDEX without retail. Will this mean that more retail specific functions (especially assortment management) cannot be used in that case?

Regarding the product master: is it really not possible to use synchronization with periodicals if you have retail switch on, even if you use just single articles (not compound retail material)?

0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

You are correct about the assortment planning retail functionality, it cannot be used without the retail master,, and hence if you are running PDEX in the same system as periodicals and advertising you can not use the retail master and hence the assortment retail functionality.

My understanding is that retail articles are not synchronized to the media product master tables ( used in advertising and MSD periodicals).

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, this makes things more clear. In our own internal demo system I will play around with synchronization of materials with periodicals.