cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete adobe forms that are attached to a business object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have attached some adobe forms to a business object using Archivelink. I am making use of FM - ARCHIV_CREATE_TABLE.

This worked. Now we need to either add a retention period for these attachments or archive them or delete them after a certain period of time. I tried some ways till now.. but they havent worked entirely

I tried with FM - ARCHIVOBJECT_DELETE. The good news in this is that the physical PDF attachment does get deleted

However the 'link' is still present in transaction OAAD. When you click on this, the error that is expected comes up namely -

"Error during import of physical document from cluster table SOFFCONT1". I need to somehow delete this link from OAAD as well.

I thought I should be able to delete the link with tcode - SARA. The write button takes me to create a job to write the links to a file in the operating system. Once the file is written, I hit the delete button. Here I didnu2019t see anything was actually deleted. The archive process worked up to the deletion of the link, but didnu2019t make the deletion. Any ideas ?

Another thought - I realise I am not posting this question in the right section. Does anyone know of a better place for this question? I tried in ABAP general section, but that dint help.

Thanks & Regards,

Liz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about ABAP development: Data transfers:)) Or maybe in a functional forum related to your business object? I am afraid nobody will help here either, because I have never seen such question here in all the monts/ years:(( Good luck. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto & All,

The Link was deleted with Tcode SARA (I had to do this deletion after the retention period (set as one month) passed.

Sorry for late reply .. was out of the country on a vacation

Regards, Liz