cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Release strategy: Characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone tell us wich characteristics are necesary to be custom, to reset strategy when a PO that is already released is modified at conditions header or price, quantity at item level.

Actually, our releases strategies are defined using just CEKKO EKGRP and CEKKO BSART. So when one PO is already released and we change the PO at conditions header, or prices, or quantity at item level, the PO still released.

Also we have defined indicator 6 at release indicator.

Regards

Enzo

Regards

Enzo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in the previous post, most business uses only the PO value for triggering the re release of PO. Some times business could also want to changes to incoterms, even text in PO to be captured. In your case you could identify with the business the characters to be considered. You could also check the structure CEKKO in SE84 this will give you the list of characters that can be considered.

You can use the ones relevant to your business.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant but if you still are unable to find the "characteristics" that you require as a release strategy criteria, you can always make use of CEKKO-USRC1. This is a standard field set up in CEKKO (Release Strategy Communication) where we can insert an Exit (meaning our own criteria of release)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by making changable value to 4 insted of 6, in releae indicator.

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Zafar.

Can you explain me the behavior of those two indicators value (4 and 6).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enzo,

Let me briefly explain to you about Release Strategy.

First of all, SAP release strategy works like this, If you have already approved a purchasing document, then you decide to change the price of any line in Purchase Order, SAP will check IF the value of the total PO has increased, or decreased. IF it has increased, then it will retrigger a release Strategy.

As you know, to increase the total value in PO can be by increasing quantity, price, condition, anything...

IF the total value in PO decreased after changing, it will NOT retrigger a release strategy. This is the standard behaviour.

Now let me explain the difference between 4 and 6.

4: It will retrigger a new release strategy in case there is a value change (must be higher than current value as i have explained above)

6: It will retrigger a new release strategy in case there is a value change (must be higher than current value as i have explained above). Sounds the same like 4 right? But this has an additional condition. If the PO has been outputted (printed), you can still retrigger.

So as an example, if you have set 4 in your release indicator, and you are trying to change value for a PO that has been outputted, it will NOT retrigger.

Now for your case, since you only have CEKKO EKGRP and CEKKO BSART, this is not enough in my opinion for a release strategy. Normally, we would add another one called CEKKO - GNETW (Total Net order Value of Purchasing Document)

If you add this characteristic to your release class, then you can try what I have typed earlier for yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nazrin for your help.

I made test adding GNETW characteristic and it works good. Just in one case this customizing is not covering our issue. When we increase the value of the conditions, release strategy is no triggered again.

How can I solve this problem o wich characteristic I have to included?

Thanks in advance for the help

Regards

Enzo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> Could anyone tell us wich characteristics are necesary to be custom, to reset strategy when a PO that is already released is modified at conditions header or price, quantity at item level.

>

> Actually, our releases strategies are defined using just CEKKO EKGRP and CEKKO BSART. So when one PO is already released and we change the PO at conditions header, or prices, or quantity at item level, the PO still released.

>

> Also we have defined indicator 6 at release indicator.

>

>

> Regards

> Enzo

>

>

> Regards

> Enzo

Question here arises why the users are allowed to change to PO, when its already released. They should unrelease the PO first and then do the changes and then release the PO again.

For above setting the release indicator should be 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This alternative is not enough for us, becuase we have a Z tab in the purchase order header with fields that are necesary to be charged after PO release.

Including the value as a characteristic could be an option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's a std option in CEKKO for value (and if you change the quantity you change the value) so suggest you try just including the value.

Regards,

Nick