Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module Processing Vs Multi-Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

File to IDOC

Let us say my input file contains the following fields

PERNR EmployeeName EmployeeSalary....EmployeePF

Now I want to write Business Logic to strip the BAD RECORDS in Adapter-Module processing , before I send the file to the FILE Adapter.

Could some one guide me how should I write the Module Processing?

A step by Step approach will really help me.(This is the first time I am going to test the Module Processing, so please be at the ground level, when you educate me)

Now I have installed NWDS and started writing the Business Logic here in Java.

What would be the next step?

Also whether it is possible to avoid Module Processing, by Bringing Multi-Mapping?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the SDN TV e-learning session on 'Module processing for payload validation' at the following link is very useful.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/ep?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-95824... [original link is broken]

cheers

Ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Adapter module processors are generally used to give additional functions to the adapter. This can also include seggregating. But, if you want to avoid the module, then you can do these condition checks in the mapping itself.

If you want to seggregate the messages into good and bad records...as you said-multi-mapping..you can probably maintain two message types-one for the good messages and the other for the bad ones.

If the condition on which you are planning to seggregate is not very complicated you could probably use one of the functions available in the mapping editor. Else, you can go for a user defined function.

If both the bad and the good records are gonna get processed anyway, then you might as well go for multi-mapping. But, if you are planning to avoid processing the bad record, then it is preferable to go for adapter module so that the load on the integration engine is decreased.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

You can remove the incorrect records in the mapping itself.

Conditions:

1. Rejection of whole file because there is no valid records. In this case it's advantageous to have Module as you would not want the file to reach mapping.

2. If the file will atleast have some records that are valid then you can do validation in mapping itself and avoid writing and maintaining Adapter module and increasing one more component in your interface.

Regards

Vijaya

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Concepts-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a4/f13341771b4c0de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Here you go with howtodocuments for the module processor.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01...

For more-

Regd. MultiMapping-

It is possible. But why you need to take this message until mapping executes. Unneccessary overhead in the message pipeline

Regards,

Moorthy