cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of trying to put together a value proposition for implementing SAP batch management in a cosmetics manufacturer. There is currently no need for international traceability compliance, and is therefore quite hard to motivate.

I have had a few ideas of looking at lost market share due to not being able to resolve customer complaints, as well as the potential of losing a brand license if they were to impose regulations surrounding this.

Does anyone have any further ideas? I am new to this space and need answers soon!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might try the idea that using batches can lead to beter inventory tracking. It can also be used to make sure the oldest material is shipped out first, which makes sure your product is the freshest possible as well as makes sure you don't try to make something with old raw materials. Process engineers can track the use of materials from various vendors. This allows them to show see differences in product yield, product consistency, quality, scrap etc.. as a result of different raw materials and vendors.

These are just ideas.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although not much exposure on the field of batch mgt but having idea about the Batch Mgt ,what I could say is "Statutery & reguletory complience of FDA" or any international std which has a requirement of trecability of the components can be easily solved by sap-qm & batch mgt