cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSWP threshold values all change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a SolMan EHP1 system being used as a CEN . Now i would like to setup Email alert monitoring and to test it i change the threshold values on the filesystem and see if it triggers an email. Now problem is when i change the threshold value of a filesystem lets say sapreorg

G->Y

Y->R

R->Y

Y->G

it seems that the top value populates the entire column with identical values for all the filesystem when i actually want them to have individual values. and these values do not get transferred to RZ20 on the CEN for that system. I would have expected the values set in DSWP system monitoring to be reflected in rz20 under filesystem and it seems the values do not change.

is there a bug in this or is it s standard feature? I have trawled the marketplace for oss notes and found nothing. Checked forum but i cannot find exactly what i am trying to look for

your help is much appreciated

Thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Threshold values can be changed at DSWP > SYSEM MONITORING > SET UP SYSTEM MONITORING . Select alerts and check performance attribute tab for giving threshold values. Here you have to specify the threshold values for each alert MTEs . MB or % or ms etc . Are you trying at the same place ?

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

Yes all the threshold values have been set through this method and its quite easy to setup. in the CEN's rz20 i could see entries to the dev and test servers for "Filesystems" node so i could assign it 'z' auto reaction methods to send emails with specific messages. in RZ21 it seems i can only assign auto reaction methods with a generic message for, for example "Filesystems" but i cannot dig down further into Filesystems and select a specific alert like sapreorg or saparch or /usr/<SID> for a specific system has reached threshold levels so we could quickly respond to it rather than trawl through the alerts to see which is giving the issue.

Anyone know how i can assign email auto reaction methods to specific alerts in the CEN without setting this up locally in the monitored system?

Mani

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems there is a slight confusion in the understanding. By changing the values in DSWP, there wont be any change in the RZ20. But the reverse is possible. Solution Manager provides you this feature to have different threshold values than what is mentioned in RZ20.

If you want to keep different thresholds for different nodes, please select the check box TID and mention your threshold.

Rajeev