cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWU3 - After that anything else need to be configured?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Workflow experts,

Iam a newbie in Workflows, I have done SWU3-"Automatic Workflow Customizing". After performing this activity, the following are in Red crossed condition :

1. Check Entries from HR Control Tables

2. Maintain Web Server

3. Maintain Guided Procedures Gateway

We dont have HR implemented here, so I think Point no 1 has no issues ?. How to configure the remaining 2 errors?

Iis there anything else need to be configured apart from this?

Thanks & Regards,

Rock.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rock,

remaining 2 not needed, if your WF's wont call external services etc...

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the quick reply, is there anything else need to be configured apart from those 2?

If you can guide me to some Best Practices or Precautions / Documents while developing workflows, it will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Rock.

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd suggest carrying out the first option, just follow the instructions. You may not use SAP HR for your company, but workflow uses it.

As far as resources go, several are listed in the FAQ at the top of this forum. I can also recommend the SAP Press book "Practical Workflow for SAP" 2nd edition.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though this configuration is not part of Workflow but we need to remind the BASIS to do. Please configure SCOT transaction code.

Also you have to ask the basis to maintain email address in User Master.

For testing Workflow switch on the event trace from SWELS Tcode

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike and Arghadip for your valuble replies. Only confirm the last thing , activating HR(in SWU3) I think willl create some entries, so as I already said that we are not using HR here, so will it create any problem in future? coz I dont want to take a chance with a productive system.

Thanks once again for u r valuble answers.