cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is any other blog other than 2728 that talks about how to re-process XI Messages?

On What Cirumstances we need to Reprocess a Message?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to reprocess the Queues when the messages are in Scheduled status, SYS FAIL status etc..

Totally when the messages are stuck in the Queue , you need to reprocess it.

I think this part of SAP help tells about Queue Administartion-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0c/275c3c60065627e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushumna Parupalli and Krishna.

Sushumna your answer has given an interesting direction on the mapping error. You say when there is a Mapping error, the Payload needs to go to the Target System.

So, even if there is a Mapping Error, by Reprocessing the Que we can send that message to the target system. Thats what Ihave understood from your Answer.

So, whether it is possible for me to Reprocess the Failed messages AUTOMATICALLY?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Once again, I am only <i>suggesting</i> that it might be a business need. Also, one can always argue about the practicality of this "need" where although the data is not "entirely" correct, the client might want it to still get posted!

Also, I was talking about sending the failed message itself to the target system. Not a corrected one. I am not sure how that can be achieved.

I guess depending on the mapping requirement and the design of the interface, even a corrected message could be sent...but, I haven't tried it as yet!

Regards,

Sushumna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>So, whether it is possible for me to Reprocess the Failed messages AUTOMATICALLY?</i>

>>Yes , depends.

But this is purely business dependent.

<i>So, even if there is a Mapping Error, by Reprocessing the Que we can send that message to the target system.</i>

>>No it will not happend. You need to have some workaround for this. (as mentioned in the blog)

Regards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

<i>So, even if there is a Mapping Error, by Reprocessing the Que we can send that message to the target system.</i>

Now , if this mappig error is due to some error on the developer, where he has missed some logic , then before restarting this message, once can always correct the mappig in the IR and then restart the message.

This way, one need not have to ask the external system to re trigger thesource message as the error was purtely technical.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

>><i>On What Cirumstances we need to Reprocess a Message?</i>

Reprocessing messages is a decision taken based on the business need. For ex:-If there is a system/mapping error and a message does not get processed because of this, you'l probably want to reprocess the failed message because it has to reach the target system nevertheless! or maybe due to this message the flow for another message is not blocked...depends upon how important the message is for the continuation of the interface flow and the client..

>><i>If there is any other blog other than 2728 that talks about how to re-process XI Messages?</i>

Here is one more by Krishna Moorthy:-

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

Regards,

Sushumna