cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Text from Sales to Sales Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to copy the item text from Contract to Sales Order. I know this can be done through copying control but how?

Please guide!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any clues???

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On maintaining the Text at contract and the same text will flow upto billing.

Text determination in SD will be through condition technique.

1. Go to transaction VOTXN.

2. Select Sales Document Item - Text Procedure Assignment- Choose Contact Type (Say, WV)

Assign it with Text Determination Procedure (01).

3. Now you want to Flow Text in Sales Order.

4. Go to VOTXN Select Sales Document Item -Text Procedure Assignment - Choose Order type(OR) - Assign it with same text Determination procedure(01). Same text will flow to order.

5. Similarly follow same steps for delivery and billing, but you have to assign the same access sequence to your text id in delivery and billing text procedure which is used in contract and order.

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The item category types for contract-KMN and sales order item category type-TAN is assigned 01. But result is the same I the text maintained at contract level is not copied to sales order :(.

Thanks

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VOTXN - do the following.

1.Select your text determination procedure..

2.Assign Text ID and access sequence to your Procedure by clicking 'Text ID's in Textprocedure'.

3.Then Select that entry - then click on 'Access Sequnce'.

4.Select your Access Sequence.

5.Then Click on 'Access Sequence for Text ID's'.

There you have to maintain the entry - if you want to copy texts to sales order.

Ex:If you want to copy text from contract item, you can maintain the following based on your requirement.

Seq-Text Object- Text Object Description- ID - ID Description

The ID should be the one which you assigned initially to the text determination procedure(Step 2).

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Your solution solved half of my problem.

One thing I would like to ask is that after carrying out the solution you provided, it worked, but there is one problem.

When I maintain Text for just Text ID Z1 in contract, when it is copied into sales order it is copied into Material Sales Text 0001 and text Z2 as well by defult. However, I have just maintained text in text id Z1.

Please note I am talking about Item Text.

Thanks in advance.