Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRVS2010 Beta - Migrating to VS2010 with CR4VS2010 / MissingMethodException

petershlo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm migrating an application with CR-Reports from Visual Studio 2008 to Visual Studio 2010.

There is an CrystalReportViewer-Control in a Forms-form named AnzeigeReport and there is some code like

Dim f1 As New AnzeigeReport
                f1.Einzelaufstellung_plus1.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, strDatei & ".pdf")

f1.Einzelaufstellung_plus1.PrintOptions.PaperOrientation = PaperOrientation.Portrait

and these code causes errors on runtime:

Methode nicht gefunden: "Void CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToDisk ...

The references of CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, CrystalDecisions.Shared and CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms are to C:\Programme\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 14.0\dotnet.

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework und CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore are added by Visual Studio and are located in C:\Programme\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dotnet\iPoint

What can I do?

As workaround I try to build the form AnzeigeReport new, but there is no CrystalReportViewer-Control anymore in the toolbox.

Who can help?

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes we've seen this happen before. Try creating a new project and then manually add the Viewer control. I've seen this happen to me also where it's checked on but the viewer doesn't show up in the Tool bar. I've seen it also happen when updating projects from 2008 to 2010 the viewer control is in the tool bar.

I have not been able to figure why sometimes it's there and sometimes not....

All I can suggest is you re-start .NET and try importing the project again and then close it than open the project from the back up folder.

I'm also assuming all of this will go away when it goes RTM. It's a known issue so the developers are aware of the problem.

Thank you

Don

petershlo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I was able now to get the CrystalReportViewer-Control in the Toolbox, but the MissingMethodException still appears.

Is this a known issue too, that will go when it goes RTM? And I need it next week.

As an other workaround, I try to use the new WPF-Control, but I don't know, where to specify the ReportSource.

The next question is, can I use with the WPF-Viewer the same properties and methods as in forms?

Thank you very much

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please keep one question per post. RTM won't be a for a long while, this is BETA still. So if you are planning to go into production with this, don't.

You'll have to keep debugging to find out what else is causing the Exception...

Thank you

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

petershlo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

thanks for your information.

The release is now announced for November. So we can cancel our project for a half year.

This are bad news.

Kind regards

Peter