Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middleware: Business object 'MATERIAL', synchronize a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm wondering if you know how the following is possible and can be achieved:

We're trying to update a materials 'base UOM' and 'order UOM' (the material had already been 'initally loaded' previously). We therefore run the 'MATERIAL' business object using a filter to only import this specific material. Everything seems fine, R3AM1 finishes correctly and shows 1 object, however the MATERIAL is not updated.

Looking at SMWP01 (bdoc) an error and a succesfull message is shown. The error includes the following details (see attached):

Error:Init. Download article: table is not supported for function

Error: Product with ID 1022604 already excists

Error: Validation error occurred: Module COM_PRODUCT_MAT_VALIDATE, Bdoc type PRODUCT_MAT

My main concern is the error 'Product with ID 1022604 already excists'. Where you can synchronize and update objects via f.e. DNL_CUST_PROD1 you seem to can't via business object 'MATERIAL'. Do you know how we can achieve updating the SRM material master? Are we required to utilize delta downloads?

Ps. If I would want to update a material in SRM 7.0 it seems as if running DNL_CUST_PROD1 does the job already. Is this something that has been changed? (this topic is related to an issue for an SRM 5.0 classic scenario system)

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Jun 25, 2010 1:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

if you change UOM in the Material automatically it must be available in COMMPR01

SEE UOM double click

foe ex mm 1022604 has EA - initially

now mm 1022604 has car order unit (12 ea = 1 car)

NOW it must be in srm commpr01 this latest order UOM must be available.

GIVE MORE DEATILS WHAT are you doing in mm02 and what is your expectation in srm?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks muthu. I've been exploring the issue further and found the conclusion in the fact the QA and DEV (R/3) environments have been client-copied. Therefore the materials still having the same product_id in both the SRM and R/3 systems can't be updated because the GUID isn't the same anymore. We however didn't do any client-copy for our production environment therefore here i do have been able to resolve the issue.

Additional question: How do you go about on updating materials after the system-id has been changed for your back-end system. I guess we should delete all products currently available in the SRM system (do you know how we do this, which report??) and initally download all relevant products from the newly client-copied system.

Allthough your inputs aren't exactly what i had been looking for, thank you for your inputs!

Kind regards,

Tim

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TIM

can you create a shopping cart now in the new environment?

no worry about guid.

did you do post refresh activities in srm system.

once basis team copied the system to new system (THEY MIGHT HAVE RUN BDLS) . so now you get good system now. however you may require manual changes in org stru some config points to production system and this can be modified.

first let me know can you create a successful sc in your system?

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes we can order SC's, not a problem.

I don't believe or do not know whether they have run BDLS. I didn't do that today. However i did changed the table: 'CRMRFCPAR' in the back-end system. It was out-of-sync and contained the master system data inherited from the client-copy. Therefore we couldn't execute any middleware masterdata activitities (R3AS).

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Jun 25, 2010 3:23 PM

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. we need to change that also right .

--

OK. now let us come to original issue.

--

yday mm- 12002 - ea

today mm -12002 - car ( 1 car = 12 ea , and you might maintained conversion factor and order unit as CAR in the purchasing view)

and afatre 2 minutes you can see the same updates in commpr01.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

I know. However i believe material GUIDS are build op from a lot of elements. One of these elements is the back-end system GUID. Since this GUID has been changed because of the client-copy we can not update these materials anymore.

Run R3AS for business object 'MATERIAL' -> issue (product_id already excists).

Muthu: As posted the original issue has been resolved! No worries there anymore. I do know how the replication of materials operate (initial / delta etc.).

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by: T. Schuffelen on Jun 25, 2010 3:35 PM

Answers (0)