cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed & configured PI ( SLD, Jco RFC etc). SPROXY, SXMB_IFR etc all are working fine.

Now I have a basic question regarding PI Users.

From java side when I search all users in ABAP source, it shows J2EE_ADMIN user but I can't see the same when I login to ABAP stack (SU01).

1) Why we can't see those users from ABAP side (as they are part of ABAP Data Source) ?

2) At SU01, I have given all SAP_XI* roles to a few user ids. But still they can't get into IR or ID using their ABAP side user id/password. Only way to get into IR is now IREPUSER with the default password.

How can I enable these users Java admin roles.

When I am trying create a new user from java side (with J2EE_ADMIN), it shows "Current user has user creation permissions in the UME, but cannot create users in the back-end system (data source). The original and possibly untranslated message was: "No active writeable datasource found for user creation, check your Persistence Configuration."

How can I give IR,ID,SLD etc login to users ids (like to access to same users who already exists in ABAP stack) ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

1) Why we can't see those users from ABAP side (as they are part of ABAP Data Source) ?

Have you changed the default client from 001 to whatever? If yes, check note #1115280 Running SAP NW for PI 7.10 in a different client.

If you want to create users, assign authorizations etc, do this on the ABAP stack (SU01).

2) At SU01, I have given all SAP_XI* roles to a few user ids. But still they can't get into IR or ID using their ABAP side user id/password. Only way to get into IR is now IREPUSER with the default password.

Can the user access the Runtime Workbench? If yes, then you may have a common issue in PI accessing the IR/ID. You can search the forum for many similar previous cases of this error.

Regards

Mark

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you check the settings in Java User Mangement under tab configuration.

Is this set to "ABAP system",

Is your UME RFC destination valid?