Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization to a transaction with spro locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

(I didn't found any answer for my question in the forum, I'm sorry if it's already answered)

I want to give access/authotization to a few users in transaction OB58 (spro) in production system . The thing is the access to spro is not allowed in production. I want it to keep that way, and only give access to OB58 transaction.

Or.. is that any other way they could change Financial statement versions ?

I can not understand how there is not a transaction on SAP easy access for that. Am I confused, or anytime the client creates new accounts (which happens frequently) they need to add them to financial statement.

Many thanks,

Manu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

If you only want to give access to OB58, then create a role from PFCG & add OB58 to it and assign it to the users

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

If you only want to give access to OB58, then create a role from PFCG & add OB58 to it and assign it to the users

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answer.

I already did what you advice me to.

Still, it shows me that the (and i didn't forget to put myself as an authorized user) "cliente 100 has state not modifiable"

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

This is not an authorization problem. Since its a Production client, the client is closed & locked to make any modifications.

The client needs to be opened via Transaction SCC4

You need to ask Basis Team to open the client. It will then work

Edited by: Siddhartha Varma on Jun 25, 2010 3:38 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

I understand. I thought it was posbile, even though the cliente was closed & locked, to make modifications if some special authorization was given.

I see it's not.

Thank you for your answer.

Manu

Edited by: Manuela Leite on Jun 25, 2010 4:58 PM

0 Kudos

>I understand. I thought it was posbile, even though the cliente was closed & locked, to make modifications if some special authorization was given.

This is possible, but there is an order of preference.

Best is a view with "current settings" activated. Downside is that you cannot maintain it in dev if you need to, in which case you can use a table maintenance generator and have almost limitless possibilities to control the access.

Depending on the delivery class settings of the table, more or less authorizations will be required.

Most notable is SE16 vs. SM30 and their parameter transactions.

The solution to your problem might be the choice of transaction. I am sure it is there in the SAP menu somewhere, so ask your functional contact in FI.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

As said it's possible ..!!! how will SAP will allow to risk your whole system by opening it just for entering a table entry : Please find below SAP notes depends on your'e release:

Note 546704 - Financial Statement Version: Maintain in Production Clients

Note 200674 - Fin.statement vrsn: Maintenance in productn clients

Note 109577 - Changing FS version although client not changeable

Note 135028 - Transfer IMG activity to current setting

Just wondering to know if it go with request by transport

Regards;

0 Kudos

HI!

I looked at the note 135028 - Transfer IMG activity to current setting and there it was the answer (for my release).

At the end I only had to add in transaction OBA5 the message to 146 to Warning. Still send me the message that is not possible to change, but it allows me to do it. The change has to be made in FSE2 not in ob58, but itu2019s the same for me.

Thanks all for your answer