Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Defaulting the Grouping field for Account/Contact screen...

I need to default the Role and Grouping when creating a new Contact and Account.

For a Contact the Role is already being defaulted to 'Contact' because we ran a program named 'CRM_BP_UIU_CONTPRL_CREATE_SET', accordimng to OSS note 1117424. However the Grouping field is not being defaulted.

For an Account, I need to default the Role to 'Prospect' and the Grouping to 'CRM Account'. However there is no equivalent report to run to enable the Role to be defaulted for the Account.

In CRM 7, I believe that I need to create an implementation for an enhancement spot for badi BADI_CRM_BP_UIU_DEFAULTS.

Once this is done I somehow need to default the Grouping field depending on whether it's an Account or Contact. Is this the transaction type, possibly?. Anyway I wondered if anyone had done this before and can perhaps give some coding guidance.

I also need to determine a way to default the Role for an Account to 'Prospect' as well.

I must admit, I find SAP's documentation in these areas really poor, or non-existant, especially for CRM 7.

Jason

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question