Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access KM APIs from J2EE Web Application

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to access KM API's to create resources, folders etc. from outside of the SAP EP/KM.

I have developed Enterprise Application Project and deployed it to SAP J2EE engine. But when I try to call KM API's to create resource I am getting the below exception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sapportals/wcm/crt/CrtClassLoaderRegistry

To be able to access the KM repository we need to set the Sharing Reference "knowledgemanagement" in Dynpro applicaitons, but not sure how to add this Sharing Reference to Enterprise Applications.

Please suggest me how to acheive this.

Thanks

Chinna...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> Is it possible to access KM API's to create resources, folders etc. from outside of the SAP EP/KM.

>

> I have developed Enterprise Application Project and deployed it to SAP J2EE engine. But when I try to call KM API's to create resource I am getting the below exception

>

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sapportals/wcm/crt/CrtClassLoaderRegistry

>

> To be able to access the KM repository we need to set the Sharing Reference "knowledgemanagement" in Dynpro applicaitons, but not sure how to add this Sharing Reference to Enterprise Applications.

>

> Please suggest me how to acheive this.

>

> Thanks

> Chinna...

Hi Chinna,

yes this is possible.

You have to modify the application-j2ee-engine.xml file. If you open it in NWDS there is a folder "References" and by clicking "Add" you can add the needed references. In the opening dialog you select "Create new" and then you just enter the name of the portal application that you want to reference (as you would do it in Sharing References... but aliases like "knowledgemanagement" don't exist in here, so you have to add each single reference). Target type is "application" and reference type is "weak".

Answers (0)