cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Descrption changes when adding it from MDM Catalog to Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are few products in our SRM MDM Catalog where the descrption of the products contain single quote. For Example: 12345 'ABC'

When i add this product from the catalog to the Shopping Cart - i dont see the description of the product getting transferred exactly as the same. The single quote gets automatically converted into different characters like 12345 'ABC&apos.

Meaning the ' mark is changed to &apos.

When i checked the same in the BADI (BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER) the description still has 12345 'ABC&apos. This means, when the product gets transferred from SRM MDM Catalog to SRM Shooping Cart via OCI mapping the description is getting changed.

Also when i changed the description of the Product in Catalog with double quotes like 12345 "ABC" - the same appears correctly in the Shopping Cart.

I am not sure how this happens and it seems to happen only with single quote character. May be you can try the same and let me know if you have any suggestions !

Thanks in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1321672 - Issues with Portal Navigation from Catalog to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your reply. I found an other note as well. "Note 949031 - OCIOPI and Unicode Difficulties with mapping". At the moment users are fine with the alternate solution of using double quotes instead of the single quotes which gave the problem. But then, i will try for the notes and let you know of the results.

Thanks again !

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with technical resource by seeing the code he can tell you whether this note helps you or not.

seems that it is SAP issue. Seek help from SAP as masa said.

they knew the fix or you will get appropriate reply.

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I reported the issue many years ago. I'm sure SAP has some fix note for it.

Please create a mesage in SAP Service Marketplace.

Regards,

Masa