cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys...can we implement travel management without payroll...in such a case how do we post the results to finance..plz share some config steps..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes! this can be done.

Instead of payroll run for settlement to employees, you can create vendors and assign their employee numbers in vendor master. No you can make vendor payments instead of payrol run.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need any further assistance,

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,can you please provide me teh config steps for the same..I have assigned the symbolic accounts and also teh G/l codes..please let me know how we can configurre for teh posting runs and fi payment...also how do we configure teh advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack,

The postings to FI happens after running posting run management. In other words subsequent to approval of the travel expenses based on pre-configured approval workflow, the travel expenses are flagged with a status To Be Settled. This then requires running posting run action which means clubbing together all approved open transaction in a batch and post the same to FI achieving the double entry expectations. This posting run is done using PRFI and can be accessed later using PRRW. At my current client setup, it is done in every 8 hour frequency but can be done once a day or so depending upon the volumes.

The config setup can be found as //http:help.sap.com. I could have provided you the link but you did not specify what version of the SAP you are currently using as things are little bit different in different versions.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

CONMJI

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

There are three steps to post an entry in financial accounting for travel management.

1. PREC - This transaction code is used to settle the existing trips.

2. PRFI - This transactiion code is used to include the trip in posting run.

3. PRRW - This transaction code is used to post the transactions in financials.

For Employee payment, if you dont do it through payroll, you can do it through vendor payment.

1. Create a vendor account

2. While creating a vendor account, you have to assign the employee number in the personnel number field (in company code segment, accounting information tab).

3. Save the vendor.

When you run the PRRW transaction, the system will check the personnel number and post this to the employee vendor account.

Once the entry is posted, it goes to FI team for further processing (AP team for payment)

You need to do only the above config.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Best Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)