cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ESS do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Can ESS alone (without MSS) do the approval? Here is what i mean, suppose employee A has submitted travel request and his/her superior need to approve it, is it possible that the item show in the ess Inbox (and the superior can approve it via that inbox)? Or the superior have to approve it via MSS only. Please explain. Thank you

Edited by: Hendri Salim on Jun 25, 2010 10:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes it is possible for level 1 approval to be done without the presence of MSS

ESS approvals are triggered from the Universal Worklist after all.

The standard approval design (irregardless of ess leave, ess training request, and so on) has been built by SAP such that it is not a must for MSS to be present.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have workflow that requires no approval - although I don't recommend it particularly for Leave Request which requires approval in the standard

Or you can attach UWL to Managers ESS role - without using MSS

Or you have UWL in a standalone role without ESS or MSS

Best wishes

Stuart

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

ESS or MSS, Worklist is displayed for both the users, You dont need MSS for approval.

Only UWL will do in your case, ensure the workitem goes to the approver,also it can be done via backend as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your feed back, but i have another question. You said that "yes it is possible for level 1 approval to be done without the presence of MSS", so what is the implication of MSS to this process of approval? Are you saying that 2 level of approval can not be done without MSS? Thanks

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henri

It seems you have 2 levels of approval in your process.

Yes, it is not a mandatory requirement to possess MSS (if your client has not purchased any MSS licenses)

To address 2 levels of approval, I believe you will need to copy the standard 1-level approval workflow to a custom made workflow. In your custom made workflow, build 2 levels of approval in the workflow object

I believe you may need to study the workflow design with a workflow resource. Hope it helps !

cheers

gregg