cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

401 Unauthorized for AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=do... for some user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we configured ADS for using the PDF export functionality in WAD-Reports and when we tested the functionality it worked without any problems. But now I have one user, which tries to do the PDF export and he get's the following error message:

Initial cause:
com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401)
Unauthorized. The requested URL was: "http://localhost:50000/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=document"

Because for other user(s) the export to PDF is working (at the same computer/logon - so no client problem), I assume this is a authorization problem (in AS Java). We checked the users, the authorizations are the same in SU01 and in Visual Administrator.

In Visual Administrator we compared at Server -> Services -> Security Provider -> User Management and both users have as "Parent Groups": "Authenticated Users" and "Everyone". The WebService is set to require "Everyone", so it should work (and even works for most users).

Do you guys have an idea what could be our problem here?

Thanks and best regards,

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

As you said, as per the error trace the issue seems to be related to some authorization missing on ADS configuration, so let's see if we find out where the problem is:

WebDynpro ABAP and BI reporting (Based on WebDynpro Java) uses different connection to ADS:

WebDynpro ABAP

On ABAP t-code SM59

HTTP connection to ext server -> ADS

WebDynpro Java

Visual Admin -> server -> services -> Web Service Security

web service client -> sap.com-> tcwdpdfobject -> com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy*

ConfigPort_Document

On ABAP side, check if correct user/password is configured on SM59.

And if above web service client have the correct user/password.

Please also follow this document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/f3fb6204777062e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca