Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy in OUTPUTLEN in ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE and Data Dictionary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a program that uses ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE to create a dynamic table. When running it using table VICDCONDCALC or VICDCONDDIST the output length produced for field CALCNUMBER (data element RECDCALCNUMBER) is 6 however when trying to view it in the data dictionary table like DD04L the output length is 5. When I debugged the program there is a statement IMPORT NAMETAB X030L_WA X031L_TAB ID TABNAME. in FM DD_GET_NAMETAB after it passes through this statement the internal table X031L_TAB has the field above with 6 as the External length. Where does the FM retrieved the value 6? Is there any database/transparent table in SAP that I could use to query the table that will produce value of 6?

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is always a problem with output length in the FM - REUSE_ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE. Go to utilities> settings>ABAP Editor --> Editor --> select the check box Downwards-comp line (72). Try to run the program I think the output length will be same for both.

Hope it will work.

Regards,

Preetham