Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display mode for t-code PDS_MAINT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to restrict transaction code PDS_MAINT in the SAP system. All objects have already been maintained with activity value 03, but user is still able to make changes in the header data and save it.

Does anyone know how to and if it is possible to restrict this t-code to display only ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enable the authorization trace in ST01 and after that execute the transaction and next check the trace for log. Otherwise, what I can suggest is just create a new role with this Tcodes PDS_MAINT, SU53 and assign only this role to user and remove all other and do the test.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user must be getting the change access via some other role in the user profile. Just follow Sharath's advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

Unfortunately, there are no ACTVT 02 values found in the role or in any other roles assigned to the user.

I've used ST01 and deactivated all the relevant objects. Yet, the user is still able to change and save it.

Any ideas ?

Rgds.

0 Kudos

How did you "deactivate" them?

Does the st01 trace show a "reason code"?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

If you check in table TCDCOUPLES then u will find that Tcode : PDS_MAINT is internally calling Tcode : CA03 .

Though the default ACTVT value for this tcode CA03 is 03 under object C_ROUT ; check if you have ACTVT maintained as 02 in the role that contains Tcode CA03 and /Or have object C_ROUT and is assigned to user .

You should be able to tract this using ST01 anyway .

Check and confirm .

Cheers

Aditya