Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR in WM first then IM

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gurus

Need yr expertise. How do I do GR against a PO without updating the inventory till the WM putaway is done? Currently when we perform a GR it will update the inventory first.

Thanks

Rgds.. Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Inbound movement i think it is not right concept before IM the WM updation.

because the System will allow you only after the IM updation & material document creation.

so, not possible to do before IM confirmation.

SAM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could achieve that if you create inbound delivery to do the GR. In that case go to SPRO -> Logistics - General -> Handling Unit Management -> Basics -> Delivery -> Define Sequence of Transfer Order - Goods Receipt. In this you set it against warehouse number and item category.

Thanks

Swagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is proper way of doing this.But one possibilty is that Instead setting up PO number as dynamic bin, you can create one dynamic bin in 902 for all POs.First create TOs for your stock from 902 to destination storage bins.This will create the negative stock in 902.Then do an IM posting which will clear the negative stock.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks

former_member387318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi RKSap193

I have changed the 902 dynamic bin to one common bin. When I performed GR the goods are still showing as available and not negative stocks as what you mentioned.

Pls help

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the settings of warehouse movement type 101 . Please dont allow transfer requisitions to be created . Also allow manual TOs to be created . Create manual TO first with PO no as the dynamic bin. This will create a negative quant in the dynamic bin . You shall putaway the material to the destination bin when yiu confirm the transfer ord.

Then try to do GR with IM