cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating of JCo 3 Server configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm facing a problem with my JCo server version 3.0.x implementation. I'm using the provided event listener for configuration changes on the server side and my customized JCoServerDataProvider. When my server configurations are modified updated() event of the ServerDataEventListener is fired. JCo environment doesn't do what I expected and what is described in the documentation available namely adjusting all relevant objects to the new settings of server configuration. JCo Server running with the old config is stopped only, without any restart. This is strange and confusing. Is there any workaround that I missed?

I appreciate any update on this thread,

Regards, MStanislavova

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

currently I'm facing similar problem in the next scenario, using release 3.0.6:

Configure jco server with wrong gwservice (example: 'sapgw0') and during start up, serve rfails with <101> JCO_ERROR_CONFIGURATION error, which causes server stopping. So far so good! After that updated event over this broken server is called and boldnothing happened!

More over I tried to call server.start() providing correct configuration, but obviously jco environment uses the old configuration and doesn't call 'getServerProperties' over server with known serverName for jco.

All desribed above leads to one broken server configuration which in unusable anymore as far as I understand your logic.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Could you provide any workaround here?

Thanks in advance,

MStanislavova

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is still not answered

Edited by: MStanislavova on Dec 3, 2010 10:48 AM

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi MStanislavova,

what are you changing exactly? Could you please provide the original configuration and the adjusted configuration properties?

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for your interesting on my question. I created a server Properties object used to obtaining the jco server instance - I use the default jco server. I tried to change the progid recently - call the update event of the ServerDataEventListener then provide the updated Server Properties object. This is what I do. Did I answer you question?

Regards, Milena

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi MStanislavova,

the issue has been fixed in JCo 3.0.6. Please download from SMP.

Regards,

Markus