cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: Characteristic value US XXX does not exist for characterist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since i am not functional i am not sure about this error message which i am getting when releasing billing document from VF02 as 'Characteristic value US XXX does not exist for characteristic REGIO (Region)', could any one let me know what is the solution to fix this.

Thanks

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in your partner-database, you have a field country and a field region.

In any way, in your field region, there ist the value 'xxx'.

This value is not allowed in customizing for US.

If you have a region in US called 'xxx' -- complete your customizing.

If region 'xxx' is wrong - go into your document -- per haps partners or in the customes data of you order and find the field Region with the value 'xxx' and correct the data.

hans

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In cotinuation to the suggestion already given, SAP gives an explanation as follows:-

A region defined as "North-East" can only make sense when dependent on a country. For this reason, the region is placed in a dependency-relationship with the country. In this example, you would assign the higher-level characteristic Country to the characteristic Region in characteristics maintenance. The characteristic Region could not, for example, be copied to a report on its own; you would have to transfer the characteristic Land as well. Were you not to do so, you would be unable to use the region as a basis for data analysis.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi