Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org values not found after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We did an upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. We had about 5 fields which were set to Org value (pfcg_orgfield_create) in the 4.7 system. This is no longer the case in ECC 6.0 and we are having major issues. Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks

Vijaya

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've not seen org values overwritten during the upgrade process, a few questions:

- Were the org levels originally created using PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE or manually in USORG etc?

- Did you perform the post installation steps (SU25) on your roles with the new (incorrect) set of org levels?

- Have you tried re-creating the org levels in a sandbox environment? If you have, does this resolve the key issues that you have had?

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We have done the role generation in SU25. During testing the users reported issues for these 5 non-standard Org values. I reran PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in sandbox but it takes me back to scratch - all the org values are RED. We have close to 2k roles that get affected. Should we run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE first and then import the roles and do SU25?

Any suggestions will be of great help

Thank you

Vijaya

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you see records for your org. fields in table USORG in upgraded system? If not then you need to run report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE. If your fields are not marked in new system as org. level field then import of roles will fail. After runni g this report for each field your problem should be solved.

Cheers

0 Kudos

No need to run SU25 again.

When you run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE, the roles will need regenerating so you can use SUPC for this. During the SUPC process, it will tell you what field value for each role has been converted into org levels. You need to review this for all the roles to make sure that the data is updated correctly. Where it is incorrect, you will need to update manually as one of your post-processing steps.

What issues are the users getting with the org levels that haven't been created? Is the actual data missing from the field in the generated profile?

0 Kudos

We did the following steps which seemed to help

First run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in the Sandbox (ECC6.0) and then uploaded the affected roles from 4.7 and generated them to be ECC 6.0 version. This way the org values were retained.

Thank you for your suggestions

Vijaya

0 Kudos

The users get an SU53 with the corresponding field level in the role having value $KOSTL (example). If we run SUPC it still requires us to maintain the org values manually which we found more risky and complex than adjusting the roles via generation.

Is there any SAP document which says PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE should be run prior to SU25? Let me know if you have any comments on this approach.

Thank you

Vijaya

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of any SAP document as theoretically there shouldn't be a need for it.

As I mentioned before, I've never had org levels deleted during an upgrade so I am wondering if they were created correctly in the first place (i.e. not via PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE).

It makes sense to me to do the org level check prior to the SU25 activities to ensure you are doing the SU25 upgrade from the baseline that you had prior to the upgrade.

I will definitely be adding an activity to my task list to check org level definitions before doing an upgrade.