cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg: bin creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have to create around 10,000 bins. Each bin having different characteristics like weight , height...etc., what are all the possible way to create the bins. i am going for lsmw for bin creation in LS01 or creating automatic storage bin in LS10 which one will be better option.

Thanks

Muthuraman.D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For automatic creation of bins using LS10, you have the differentiating factors - stor.sec., Bin type, Weight, capacity and fire cont.sec. You have to group all these into unique sequence numbers. If the number of these unique groups are more, its wise to go for manual upload. ex, if you have 1000 bins to create and if you have to create ~500 sequence numbers, it makes sense to create them using LS01N. Take a call!

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your master data ie the bins are in a particular series for example A1,A2,A3,A4,etc,,,, you can use the bin structure and create the bins automatically but if your data is hap hazard which includes diff hieght weight etc...I would recommend use an LSMW with a spread sheet loaded with your data.

Before that ask your bussiness to provide you with a spread sheet of all the master data and try to doa Vlookup or a Hlookup and sort your data as much as you can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go with LSMW