Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is Proxy>Soap>WS. When I tested proxy using SPROXY,the web service call is working fine and I am getting response. However, when I call proxy in the the program, I am getting "SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR - application fault" in adapter engine. I have gone through many similar posts in SDN but did not help.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bijay,

It can be a problem with the web service or with the structure that you have defined for the web service.

Have you tried reaching the web service using any external tool (SOAPUI etc)?

Regards,

Neetesh

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. I used SOAPUI outside SAP and it works perfectly fine. Even in SAP, it works fine when using Sproxy. Here is the error from adapter engine:

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success SOAP: continued from request message 6600174c-8a22-613e-e100-000018280c11

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Error SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR - application fault

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success SOAP: response message leaving the adapter

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success MP: Leaving module processor

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success Trying to put the message into the send queue.

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success The response message for message 6600174c-8a22-613e-e100-000018280c11(INBOUND) was successfully transmitted to the calling application.

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success The message status set to DLVD.

2010-06-24 12:59:34 Success The application sent the message asynchronously using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Returning to application.

Former Member
0 Kudos
2010-06-24 12:59:34 Error SOAP: response message contains an error Application/UNKNOWN/APPLICATION_ERROR - application fault

The response structure of WS and your PI response structre is not identical. Please check the WSDL file once

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

if that is the case, then how it works from SPROXY. Could you please explain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Rajesh,

The response structure of WS and your PI response structre is not identical. Please check the WSDL file once

It's an async call, so why you asking him to check the response structure?

-- Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

when u saying testing from SPROXY, what exactly does it mean? you are testing the interface by entering some test values? did you compare the input comes to PI on both cases?

do u see any error message in SXMB_MONI?

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. It is synchronous call. what I mean by Sproxy test means: I grab the outbound payload from failed sxmb_moni message and run Sproxy with same message and it works with sproxy.

In sxmb_moni response message, I am getting following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Inbound Message

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="UNKNOWN">APPLICATION_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>application fault</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="http://response.clientapi.com/v2">package_id</SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage>

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Abhi,

Can you just answer now? it is sync call. Try to answer the question if you have any solution otherwise just watch the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try to send the failed test data from SOAP UI or XMl spy? what is the result you are getting?

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. I grab the same failed soap message from sxmb_moni and input to soapui. I am gettting correct response in soapui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

Can you check the SOAP action value in your receiver communication channel? is it empty? or do you have any values for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Rajesh

Can you just answer now? it is sync call. Try to answer the question if you have any solution otherwise just watch the thread

I wrote not to fight, but your rude and unprofessional reply shows the standard of your consulting experience.

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Soap action was empty in receiver comm channel. Then I plugged-in the soap action, activated and run my program. Still get application fault.

Thanks.

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

It is still not working for me. Still getting application fault. Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Can you please give these two payloads here.

One would be from xi sxmb_moni ---> inbound message --> Main Document

and go to sap system and open sxmb_moni and give the same payload. There is some thing wrong between these two or how they are handling.

Also if you have any numeric fields in the proxy and if its length is 5 and if you are sending value as 123 try sending as 00123 ie., leading zeros and cehck once again.

Regards,

---Saitsh

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I checked my both XI and SAP sxmb_moni payloads and both are same. All of my fields are string. I am still not able to figure it out this issue.

regards,

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

I think this forum is capable of solving these kind of issues. I really like to see some good suggestions or solutions for this issue.

I have checked the following so far.

1) check ws using soapui and it works.

2) check for correct target url and soap action in comm channel.

on top of that my confusion is, as I said earlier, It works for payload using SPROXY transaction. any further help is appreciated.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

take your Basis team help and check what is going on from SOAP Adapter when you are testing from SPROXY/ And Program compare those requests..differently you will find some differences.

ask your basis team some they will provide some gatway address that details you proivde in your SOAP Receiver adapter and monitor both the cases..then you can trace what is going on from Proxy/program...

Regards,

Venu.

former_member361003
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all. Space in front of name in one of the fields was causing problem. Used condense to remove stupid space and it worked!

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error message you are getting SXMB_MONI? Can you try to call the webservice from SOAP client like XML Spy or SOAP UI? Please use the same input what you have given in your test.

If the SOAP response structure is not matching the structure what you defined in PI, then this error would happen.