cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing the client transport export from SCC8 t-code. I like to bring all the copies of all data belonging to a client A to B but without the user data and the roles. It like seems like SAP_ALL without roles and user data.

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try using profile SAP_APPX. Another way you can accomplish this is by exporting user master out of client B. Export client A with SAP_ALL, Import into Client B and then re-import the user master transport that you created for Client B into client B.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

These are the only profiles that's avaialable for the CLient export (SAP_ALL, SAP_CUST,SAP_CUSV,SAP_CUSX,SAP_EXBC,SAP_EXPA,SAP_EXPC,SAP_PROF,SAP_RECO,SAP_UCSV,SAP_UCUS,SAP_UONL,SAP_USER).

How will I create a transport in the Quality system? My main aim is to not to delete the users roles. It should keep the same after the client copy.

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry was looking at Client copy profiles rather then client export profile. Not sure which profile will work in that case.

How will I create a transport in the Quality system? My main aim is to not to delete the users roles. It should keep the same after the client copy.

You will create transport using same SCC8 and will use profile SAP_PROF (Only Authorization Profiles and Roles), this will create a transport. Once you import your client then import the transport for SAP_PROF.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveed,

Thanks for your quick responses. Now I tried with different options like taking a local copy with SAP_USR and do the SAP_ALL from my Production. Once I do the Import post processing, then I'll re-do the SAP_USR.

Thanks for your help

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we use profile SAP_PROF (Only Authorization Profiles and Roles) it won't bring the user master(I guess)

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. Since you mentioned that you do not want to delete roles, SAP_PROF will do it and will not copy user master.

Thanks,

Naveed