Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role for all transactions in SPRO

former_member211575
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to create a role for SPRO transaction. I want that role allows the users to all the transactions called in SPRO (VOV8, OVSV, VTAF,...all transactions in SPRO)

How can I do this?

I try to create a role with transaction SPRO but this transaction is not enough.

I can't put an * in S_TCODE because the users will have authorization for all the R/3 tranasactions and this is not what I want.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Dora

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There used to be a limit of how many transactions you can generate a role for from SPRO projects, but I am not sure whether it is still valid in the PFCG import from the project.

There is a hard limit anyway of 150 authorizations, each 3750 characters long for transactions of 40 characters length. So that is about 12 thousand tcodes.

SPRO is huge... so why not create a SPRO_ALL project for that which you actually use and select those nodes? Or create a role per module?

You will have a much bigger battle on the S_TABU_DIS and S_PROGRAM side... so include only that which you intend and maintaining SU24 for them is the route of least resistance.

I would suggest doing it per main node anyway, and the "SPRO_ALL" users are assigned all of the 5 or 10 roles.

Where SAP has maintained S_TABU_DIS groups on the tables but not maintained SU22, please report it to them!!

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member

Hi Jorge,

Create a new Project in transaction SPRO_ADMIN, click on scope & select the paths that you want the users to access

Then create a role through PFCG, goto Menu tab & choose Utilities ->Customizing Auth and add that newly created Project to this role

Edited by: Siddhartha Varma on Jun 24, 2010 5:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jorge,

Create The I project view using via transaction SPRO_ADMIN.

Then create the customizing role, by going to PFCG>Create>MenuTab>Utilities>Customizing Auth>Add>IMG

Project view.

Note : in production you need to have display access to SPRO

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for yor answer.

What transaction SPRO_ADMIN do? I'm going to have the same SPRO?

I don't want any changes here. I justo want a role with acess for all SPRO transactions.

Thanks

Dora

0 Kudos

SPRO_ADMIN lets you create the project view as detailed by sri.

You will need to follow the steps provided to achieve what you have requested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There used to be a limit of how many transactions you can generate a role for from SPRO projects, but I am not sure whether it is still valid in the PFCG import from the project.

There is a hard limit anyway of 150 authorizations, each 3750 characters long for transactions of 40 characters length. So that is about 12 thousand tcodes.

SPRO is huge... so why not create a SPRO_ALL project for that which you actually use and select those nodes? Or create a role per module?

You will have a much bigger battle on the S_TABU_DIS and S_PROGRAM side... so include only that which you intend and maintaining SU24 for them is the route of least resistance.

I would suggest doing it per main node anyway, and the "SPRO_ALL" users are assigned all of the 5 or 10 roles.

Where SAP has maintained S_TABU_DIS groups on the tables but not maintained SU22, please report it to them!!

Cheers,

Julius